Dylan Axelrod traded to Reds.

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 17, 2014 -> 03:26 PM)
Carlos Torres averages 91 MPH with his fastball.

Scott Carroll is at 89.6

Dylan Axelrod is at 88.3

Maybe, but I have strong doubts.

He'll need to be a control + change speeds mind f*** pitcher in the mold of a Bruce Chen or something. But he has a shot IMO because he's not afraid of the hitters. Also Carlos Torres & Carrol pitch at meatball speed as well, that velocity range is pretty much all the same, when you know the fastball is coming and it's pretty straight or in Carroll's case more straight down than late break ala Belisario then if it's anywhere in the zone that the batter can cover it's going to be kylt.

• 4 weeks later...

Same thing with former White Sox Carlos Torres against the Cubs today.

He actually pitched yesterday late in relief, but had to take the emergency start as apparently Bartolo Colon's mother is gravelly ill.

Kudos for persevering....he stuck with it, went to Japan for awhile and now he's back in the big leagues. Really good kid, well liked by his teammates from everything I've read.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 18, 2014 -> 03:51 PM)
Same thing with former White Sox Carlos Torres against the Cubs today.

He actually pitched yesterday late in relief, but had to take the emergency start as apparently Bartolo Colon's mother is gravelly ill.

Kudos for persevering....he stuck with it, went to Japan for awhile and now he's back in the big leagues. Really good kid, well liked by his teammates from everything I've read.

I always really liked what Torres brought to the table. I was a little sad to see that he left for Japan. I always thought he'd be a nice arm to have in the pen.

I also thought Sean Tracey would be a good arm in the pen. I'm not always right.