7-20 Game thread Sox vs Astros

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 20, 2014 -> 05:03 PM)
As usual, Ventura waits until a pitcher gets completely destroyed before he lifts him (and he never did lift him) with an IW to a .190 hitter for the coup de grace.

Is that all you got? That's all you can chime in with? Really? I'm not saying Ventura is perfect but sheesh give it a rest all ready. Would you be happy if it would have Ozzie? Or maybe LA Russa. The manager uses what he's got, I don't see Ventura pitching or hitting, so relax once in a while. ;)

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Jul 20, 2014 -> 04:12 PM)
Is that all you got? That's all you can chime in with? Really? I'm not saying Ventura is perfect but sheesh give it a rest all ready. Would you be happy if it would have Ozzie? Or maybe LA Russa. The manager uses what he's got, I don't see Ventura pitching or hitting, so relax once in a while. ;)

That's the point - he didn't use what he's got. And he consistently doesn't.

But if you think leaving starters in to give up 12 edit hits in 4 innings, and intentionally walking 190 hitters is proper baseball strategy, fine. I certainly won't complain about you posting your opinion.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 20, 2014 -> 05:29 PM)
That's the point - he didn't use what he's got. And he consistently doesn't.

But if you think leaving starters in to give up 12 edit hits in 4 innings, and intentionally walking 190 hitters is proper baseball strategy, fine. I certainly won't complain about you posting your opinion.

I agree with you to an extent, but my problem is that when the Sox do something well nobody says anything or gives Ventura props, but hey a player passes gas and it's on Ventura. And what bothers me even more that no one will post anything until some bad happens and it's all about bashing Ventura. What irks me is that people still can't seem to remember this year is a retooling year....

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Jul 20, 2014 -> 04:36 PM)
I agree with you to an extent, but my problem is that when the Sox do something well nobody says anything or gives Ventura props, but hey a player passes gas and it's on Ventura. And what bothers me even more that no one will post anything until some bad happens and it's all about bashing Ventura. What irks me is that people still can't seem to remember this year is a retooling year....

Because like you said, he doesn't swing or pitch. It's not Ventura's fault that Danks or Webb pitched poorly. It is his fault that he left them in well past the point when it was obvious that they didn't have it (doubly true for Danks, when we really don't need him to get totally mauled when we're trying to move him). It's not Ventura's fault L Garcia can't hit. It is his fault when the only reason he's hitting is because he pulled one of the best hitters in baseball for a pinch runner. He did a good job getting Petricka out of there yesterday. Should have mentioned it.

But the manager is paid to make proper decisions. So he gets properly rewarded for those decisions.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Jul 20, 2014 -> 04:12 PM)

So...you disagree?

I'm all ready for people to stop defending RV for doing dumb s*** already.

All right?

Alright.