Yanks on Danks

southsider2k5

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So essentially the Yankees got a MLB ready player (although 27 years old) and their 15th rated prospect as rated by MLB.com. DePaula has had a decent year. Low 4 ERA but strikes out more than 1 inning.

I think we could get more than that for Danks.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 12:29 PM)
So essentially the Yankees got a MLB ready player (although 27 years old) and their 15th rated prospect as rated by MLB.com. DePaula has had a decent year. Low 4 ERA but strikes out more than 1 inning.

I think we could get more than that for Danks.

I hope we can.

Solaro's not much. The pitcher's interesting.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 12:48 PM)
Rumors starting to pick up. I knew Danks would draw plenty of interest with all the injuries to pitchers and he's pitched well as of late minus the Astros.

Hope to see some more talks heat up. Hopefully rock has something to share.

we in wildcard race and we just going wave the white flag just not right

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 01:28 PM)
This team has no real shot of winning a wild card spot.

and even if they were to somehow play well enough to get a wild card spot, I'd rather get some return on Danks while he's not getting lit up. Remember, the point of this whole thing to create a sustained contender, I would rather build to that than 1 wild card spot.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 01:31 PM)
and even if they were to somehow play well enough to get a wild card spot, I'd rather get some return on Danks while he's not getting lit up. Remember, the point of this whole thing to create a sustained contender, I would rather build to that than 1 wild card spot.

u can trade danks in offseason and get alot more

QUOTE (peavy44 @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 01:41 PM)
u can trade danks in offseason and get alot more

Thats not true. Waiting until the off-season floods the market with other trade options and FA alternatives, selling at the trade deadline limits the supply of solid pitching which increases the return.

There are six teams in front of the Sox for the WC and Tampa and Boston are starting to come on. I would not sacrifice the future competitiveness of the franchise by rolling the dice on an snowballs chance at a one game playoff.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 01:48 PM)
And there you have the reason why the Sox can never do a Cubs style rebuild. White Flag was 17 years ago.

Seriously right! Let it go already. The Sox are more than 3 1/2 games out of first.

It's scary thinking about the payroll without Danks. Hahn would have basically a clean slate to work with. The Sox have their three insane values in Sale/Abreu/Quitnana (15.667 M), Alexei (10 M) and and a whole bunch of rookie contracts/arbitration guys. If the Sox trade Danks in the next 9 days the team will go into the offseason with their fourth highest paid player (after Alexei, Abreu and Sale) being Jeff Keppinger.

Do Yankees got what we want last time we traded with the Yankees we got crap back from the Yankees

Edited by peavy44