Sox vs Twins

Kyyle23

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 09:52 PM)
Do you honestly think glasses have magically turned Tyler into an MLB-caliber hitter? The dude had what must surely have been one of the worst 100-125 or so PA in White Sox history, he was always bound to put a little run together, it's just coincided with him beginning to wear glasses

Maybe he couldn't see that good with contacts in

Edited by peavy44

QUOTE (peavy44 @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 08:58 PM)
Maybe he couldn't see that good with contacts in

If he couldn't see that well with contacts, he would have changed a long time before now. He said himself that he just did it for a new look and it's a coincidence he's been hitting a bit. He'll be back to his 0-4 with 2 Ks soon enough, don't worry.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 10:02 PM)
If he couldn't see that well with contacts, he would have changed a long time before now. He said himself that he just did it for a new look and it's a coincidence he's been hitting a bit. He'll be back to his 0-4 with 2 Ks soon enough, don't worry.

Negatively and there is no catcher out there next year

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 10:02 PM)

More than likely right buttt you're no fun sir.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 26, 2014 -> 03:51 AM)
If you ever run into Stone or Hawk and say hello, your current thought about their egos will turn 180 degrees. Hawk is very nice. He is the type of guy who says hi to you even though he doesn't know you walking down the sidewalk. Apparently when people ask Stone for an autograph, he still thinks people are trying to make huge money on it. I'm not surprised.

I guess I misread this one. Wow. Did not know this.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 26, 2014 -> 03:52 AM)
Do you honestly think glasses have magically turned Tyler into an MLB-caliber hitter? The dude had what must surely have been one of the worst 100-125 or so PA in White Sox history, he was always bound to put a little run together, it's just coincided with him beginning to wear glasses

I'm enjoying these two majestic blasts Flowers hit, one foul, and that shot off the wall for now.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 26, 2014 -> 03:59 AM)
My conversation with Stone.

Me: "How's it going?"

Stone: "I don't know how you're doing, but I'm doing well."

Wasn't sure what to think of it. Hawk has always been awesome in person.

Damn. I did not know Steve was a dick. My bad.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 09:52 PM)

I think I still agree, but I guess we have till the end of the season at this point to make a determination. I was the biggest Flowers "hater" 2 weeks ago, but now I'm not sure what to think. Lol

Those 2 balls he hit tonight did not look like flukes. He absolutely crushed that home run. If that ball was hit by Abreu and Hawk was announcing, he would have talked about it for 2 straight innings. Watch the zoomed out replay. I couldn't believe it.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 09:59 PM)
My conversation with Stone.

Me: "How's it going?"

Stone: "I don't know how you're doing, but I'm doing well."

Wasn't sure what to think of it. Hawk has always been awesome in person.

That's amazing. What a strange response. I would have been stunned. Did he think you were drunk or something? Where was this at?

Wimpy just seems like he would get along with anyone.

QUOTE (1dog @ Jul 26, 2014 -> 05:11 AM)
I think I still agree, but I guess we have till the end of the season at this point to make a determination. I was the biggest Flowers "hater" 2 weeks ago, but now I'm not sure what to think. Lol

Those 2 balls he hit tonight did not look like flukes. He absolutely crushed that home run. If that ball was hit by Abreu and Hawk was announcing, he would have talked about it for 2 straight innings. Watch the zoomed out replay. I couldn't believe it.

I agree. That homer off the facade was almost epic. And that blast over the foul pole at the Cell, which might have been fair, was the same. Flowers seems like the kind of guy not yet dead so to speak. He's giving it a fair shot. Ultimately he's probably not good enough, perhaps he's worthless, but of late, he's been full of the WOW factor.

QUOTE (1dog @ Jul 26, 2014 -> 05:18 AM)
That's amazing. What a strange response. I would have been stunned. Did he think you were drunk or something? Where was this at?

Wimpy just seems like he would get along with anyone.

Don't you agree it's kind of 'sad' that the best broadcast chemistry has been Hawk with Wimpy and Stone with Wimpy? When Hawk and Wimpy were together, wasn't there a story of a feud as well? And Hawk and D.J? I like Hawk's broadcasting but I wonder if he's bipolar or something.