Peavy to San Fran

SCCWS

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ Jul 26, 2014 -> 11:54 AM)
How do the prospects compare to Avi?

Escobar was 56 in Baseball America's preseason top 100. So better by the single, limited metric. He's struggled this year but that's as a 22 year old pitcher in the PCL. Quite the return for Peavy

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 26, 2014 -> 01:49 PM)
Escobar was 56 in Baseball America's preseason top 100. So better by the single, limited metric. He's struggled this year but that's as a 22 year old pitcher in the PCL. Quite the return for Peavy

Seriously. Peavy's been worse than pretty much every regular starter on the Sox this year and they got a lot for him. Not to mention he's owed like $6 million for the rest of the year.

This makes me like our chance of getting rid of Danks.

I wouldn't be too quick in thinking Danks could bring the same or better in return. Danks contract and 30M+ owed through 2016 could viewed as an albatross if GM's are uncertain about Danks ability to sustain or improve upon this seasons numbers.

If it were me, I honestly would not give up the same package for Danks. Danks 2015-16 is a gamble at this point.

I hope I'm wrong.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Jul 26, 2014 -> 04:14 PM)
I wouldn't be too quick in thinking Danks could bring the same or better in return. Danks contract and 30M+ owed through 2016 could viewed as an albatross if GM's are uncertain about Danks ability to sustain or improve upon this seasons numbers.

If it were me, I honestly would not give up the same package for Danks. Danks 2015-16 is a gamble at this point.

I hope I'm wrong.

I read in at least one article that SF was particularly interested in the fact that he wasn't a salary commitment for next season.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 26, 2014 -> 03:20 PM)
I read in at least one article that SF was particularly interested in the fact that he wasn't a salary commitment for next season.

I think we've been reading the same articles Balta. IMO, a 29 year old lefty with a 4.40 ERA that has yet to be traded could say something about how teams feel about having Danks through 2016 should they trade for him. Speculation on my part and hopefully I'm reading too much into it.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Jul 26, 2014 -> 04:42 PM)
I think we've been reading the same articles Balta. IMO, a 29 year old lefty with a 4.40 ERA that has yet to be traded could say something about how teams feel about having Danks through 2016 should they trade for him. Speculation on my part and hopefully I'm reading too much into it.

I don't disagree to an extent but I would not read anything into the fact Danks has not been traded yet. Last year hahn waited till the last minute on Peavy and in the end it took a 3rd team to make it happen. I think Danks contract is a problem but Hahn may just be holding out for a better deal than what he has been offered................. Or he wants to keep Danks

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Jul 26, 2014 -> 06:34 PM)
I don't disagree to an extent but I would not read anything into the fact Danks has not been traded yet. Last year hahn waited till the last minute on Peavy and in the end it took a 3rd team to make it happen. I think Danks contract is a problem but Hahn may just be holding out for a better deal than what he has been offered................. Or he wants to keep Danks

I see what you're saying. I guess my line of thinking is when I see potential suitors trading for other pitchers and it just makes me wonder. I really hope I'm just reading into nothing really.