GAME THREAD 7/29: SOX @ DET

cabiness42

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 06:43 PM)
Viciedo f***ing sucks. Inconsistent, stupid, and terrible in the field. He can't come back next year.

Yep, he's replacement level, you can't have him the LF starter on a team that wants to contend. Trade him for a low A lotto ticket and be done with it. Find a replacement in the offseason.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 05:44 PM)
Yep, he's replacement level, you can't have him the LF starter on a team that wants to contend. Trade him for a low A lotto ticket and be done with it. Find a replacement in the offseason.

Can they send him down?

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 06:39 PM)
Where's the dude who told me that I can't say Viciedo is a bad outfielder until I've seen him in person and he's just as good as De Aza

De Aza let a ball bounce off his head for a home run last year. They both suck

QUOTE (peavy44 @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 06:47 PM)
Why should we get mad we knew this team wasnt going anywhere this year and more losses equals better draft pick next yearl

This is hilarious coming from the guy who accused the front office of not caring to win

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 06:53 PM)
De Aza is nowhere near as bad in the field as Viciedo. That's so obvious.

The only thing that is obvious is that they both suck. The difference is you decided that you love De Aza.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 07:21 PM)
This Sox team sure does seem to have a bunch of idiot baserunners. WTF would convince Conor to steal?

Well he was safe if his front foot was down, to get into scoring position with 2 outs with De Aza up.

Also, on Conor's hit, Viciedo read the ball well and got to 3rd that lead to him scoring on the sac fly.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 07:00 PM)
I decided that because a) he's been a productive player for years, unlike Viciedo and b) he's lovely

WTF do people have against De Aza man? He's been worth 6.8 bWAR, and 7.3 fWAR in his time with the Sox. For all that production he's cost about a total of 8 million. He was found off the scrap heap and acquired for nothing.

I get that he looks awful at times but he's a solid player. Thinking otherwise is letting emotions get in the way of logic.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 06:25 PM)
WTF do people have against De Aza man? He's been worth 6.8 bWAR, and 7.3 fWAR in his time with the Sox. For all that production he's cost about a total of 8 million. He was found off the scrap heap and acquired for nothing.

I get that he looks awful at times but he's a solid player. Thinking otherwise is letting emotions get in the way of logic.

I have a theory that a number of baserunning errors plus a couple of memorable fielding errors coinciding with the first time the White Sox were genuinely awful in about 25 years (maybe 2007 aside) caused a lot of people to associate him with that team, and therefore badness, despite the fact that a) he'd had a couple of really nice years before that and b) he was reasonably productive overall that year too. It didn't help that he followed that up with an extended run of bad luck to open this year.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 07:25 PM)

Watching De Aza be stupid at the game of baseball versus watching the advanced stats. He hurts his teams. So does De Aza. I won't be sad when either are gone.