"Waiver" Trades

cabiness42

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 10:27 AM)
You can bet they have. The difference is that our front office doesn't leak this stuff, and the local media isn't determined enough to find it out. Odds are that by now the entire team, or close to it, has been through waivers.

I am well aware of how the systems works. My point is, if all the guys have already been put out there, that means either all of them cleared, or were claimed and pulled back, considering it has already been over a week since the deadline. I was hoping at least Dunn would be a goner by now, but he probably cleared.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 12:09 PM)
I am well aware of how the systems works. My point is, if all the guys have already been put out there, that means either all of them cleared, or were claimed and pulled back, considering it has already been over a week since the deadline. I was hoping at least Dunn would be a goner by now, but he probably cleared.

Just because guys have cleared waivers doesn't mean anyone else wants them.

I spend all day reading about how these guys all suck, but yet there is some expectation that other teams want our pile of suck? I don't get that. Posters aren't smarter than GM's. If people on Soxtalk have figured out players suck, so have the GM's.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 01:47 PM)
Just because guys have cleared waivers doesn't mean anyone else wants them.

I spend all day reading about how these guys all suck, but yet there is some expectation that other teams want our pile of suck? I don't get that. Posters aren't smarter than GM's. If people on Soxtalk have figured out players suck, so have the GM's.

I still struggle to believe that Billy Beane wouldn't have $4 million to spend for the rest of this season by claiming Adam Dunn, especially after they just removed a middle of the order, high power, high strikeout bat in Cespedes.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 01:01 PM)
I still struggle to believe that Billy Beane wouldn't have $4 million to spend for the rest of this season by claiming Adam Dunn, especially after they just removed a middle of the order, high power, high strikeout bat in Cespedes.

Baltimore would be another place Dunn would fit in.

So what is the theory of why he is still here?

Looking at their roster, I think they are more in need of RH bat, not a lefty bat.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 12:01 PM)

See Manny Ramirez in 2010.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 09:29 AM)
Bucholz has $12 million guaranteed for 2015 and $750k in buyouts. There are $13 million team options in 2016 and 2017 if the buyouts aren't taken.

Since returning from the DL on June 25 his ERA is 5.40. In his last 2 starts he has given up 7 runs in 5 innings both times.

Sounds like a challenge for the bullpen to top.