8/1 Game Thread- Sox vs Twins 7:10 PM CT

Jose Abreu

Sale (10-1, 1.88 ERA) vs Darnell (0-1, 7.88 ERA). Darnell's last start was against us, and he allowed seven runs over five innings. Sale's last start was against MN, and he struck out twelve over eight shutout innings.

Lineups to come later.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 05:18 PM)
mckayla-maroney-not-impressed.jpg

Ironically, ^^ she is throwing out the first pitch....Rowand posted this yesterday.

Anywho, I wanna see a sweep. Cleveland has been playing awful baseball and KC, who just lost Hosmer, get the A's this series... I know it doesn't mean much, but I really wanna see the Sox finish 2nd in the Central.

Dayan getting a much-needed day off. He needs to clear his head and perhaps take one last shot at nuking his swing and/or approach at the plate and trying something new. Maybe Sierra continues pushing for more playing time as well.

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 1, 2014 -> 09:22 PM)
Dayan getting a much-needed day off. He needs to clear his head and perhaps take one last shot at nuking his swing and/or approach at the plate and trying something new. Maybe Sierra continues pushing for more playing time as well.

Would have rather that day off come tomorrow instead of against a LHP, especially given how awful ADA has been against LHP this year.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 1, 2014 -> 03:19 PM)
Go Beckham!

No really, go.

.318/.355/.482 vs LHP

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 1, 2014 -> 03:25 PM)
Would have rather that day off come tomorrow instead of against a LHP, especially given how awful ADA has been against LHP this year.

Ya, that is rather odd. I mean they did just have a day off on monday, and he got a day off 9 days ago....

QUOTE (PorkChopExpress @ Aug 1, 2014 -> 04:31 PM)
Didn't Dayan get pulled early from the game yesterday? I only saw it from the boxscore, so I admittedly have no idea why, but could his absence today be tied to that?

He was pinch hit for.

Viciedo can't even get the start against a lefty. Pathetic year from him, frustrating that this team can't seem to develop a position player in house. Or maybe they just weren't looking at the right type of guys under the previous regime. Who knows but Viciedo just the last in the line of promising young position players that for whatever reason stalled out around replacement level.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 1, 2014 -> 04:50 PM)
Viciedo can't even get the start against a lefty. Pathetic year from him, frustrating that this team can't seem to develop a position player in house. Or maybe they just weren't looking at the right type of guys under the previous regime. Who knows but Viciedo just the last in the line of promising young position players that for whatever reason stalled out around replacement level.

Sierra has been playing real well lately. Hitting 297 and playing a solid RF.