Sox were close to 3 way deal

GGajewski18

According to Bruce Levine

Bruce Levine @MLBBruceLevine · 23m

White SoxGM Rick Hahn said he thought had a significant three way trade that fell though at the deadline .

Bruce Levine @MLBBruceLevine · 22m

Hahn said he still hopes the white sox are active on waiver wire deals that can be made this month .

Bruce Levine @MLBBruceLevine · 20m

Hahn said the reporting on trade rumors for his club were at an all time low for accurate names and destinations .

Bruce Levine

‏@MLBBruceLevine

Hahn on watching 7 All Stars traded without his club participating " I felt like the kid looking out the window ,watching his friends play "

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Aug 1, 2014 -> 04:30 PM)
According to Bruce Levine

Bruce Levine @MLBBruceLevine · 23m

White SoxGM Rick Hahn said he thought had a significant three way trade that fell though at the deadline .

Bruce Levine @MLBBruceLevine · 22m

Hahn said he still hopes the white sox are active on waiver wire deals that can be made this month .

Bruce Levine @MLBBruceLevine · 20m

Hahn said the reporting on trade rumors for his club were at an all time low for accurate names and destinations .

Bruce Levine

‏@MLBBruceLevine

Hahn on watching 7 All Stars traded without his club participating " I felt like the kid looking out the window ,watching his friends play "

Line four sounds like a bit of a shot at KW, who simply loved July and playing games with the media and putting himself front and center.

Just a guess, but Viciedo might have been one of the pieces going to Mariners...until he cooled off to the point where his value was back at an all-time low. Marlon Byrd was out there as well.

OTOH, thinking it was Danks and at least relatively close makes me believe there's a shot we can trade him and Dunn in August.

Edited by caulfield12

I'm guessing they had something lined up with the Mariners but then Detroit got them involved in the Price talks and Franklin went to TB. Franklin would have been a decent fit in Chicago, guy you give 150 PA to in the next 40 odd games and see if he hits enough to come into next year as the starter.

Seems like Marcus is bound for a super utility guy career.

Dan Hayes @DanHayesCSN · 33m

Rick Hahn said #WhiteSox were working on 3-team deal to get someone they've long targeted on Thurs. No other details provided.

Really interesting. Targeted someone who they have been on for a while. Maybe in the off season this will be brought back up? I wish names or teams were mentioned.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 1, 2014 -> 05:46 PM)
I'm guessing they had something lined up with the Mariners but then Detroit got them involved in the Price talks and Franklin went to TB. Franklin would have been a decent fit in Chicago, guy you give 150 PA to in the next 40 odd games and see if he hits enough to come into next year as the starter.

Seems like Marcus is bound for a super utility guy career.

Franklin would not be on the Sox. They don't need more IF prospects.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Aug 1, 2014 -> 05:48 PM)
Franklin would not be on the Sox. They don't need more IF prospects.

Compared to our infield prospects Franklin has a grade A pedigree. Marcus is playing all over the diamond at Charlotte, Micah is not even close to ready, and Sanchez they are probably going to give every shot to stick at SS.

Franklin has mashed in the high minors and was a first round pick. Yea, he has floundered in MLB, but he's still young and with a prospect history way above any of our guys.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 1, 2014 -> 03:50 PM)
I'd be curious to see what details he has here? Teams? Player? Could this be revisited in the off season?

My guess is it was Franklin and we were going to give up Dayan +, until the Tigers decided they were willing to add Austin Jackson instead of other pieces.

QUOTE (Andy the Clown @ Aug 1, 2014 -> 06:05 PM)
You shouldn't have to resort to a convoluted three-way to give away Danks, Beckham, and/or Dunn.

Yeah, you just need to find a GM who has been hitting the bottle particularly hard :lol:

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Aug 1, 2014 -> 07:02 PM)
Sox trade: Beckham

Cubs trade: Bag of balls

Giants trade: Bag of dicks

Sox get: Bag of balls

Giants get: Beckham

Cubs get: Bag of dicks

Deal fell through because the Giants ultimately didn't feel that Beckham was worth the bag of dicks. Poor Cubs, poorer us.

Bags of dicks are of high value at Wrigley Field concession stands

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 1, 2014 -> 07:48 PM)
Jason Castro comes to mind

Considering a few of the current Astros are pissed at the organization for the treatment of Appel, I wonder if that would make trading some of them more likely/possible. Maybe Castro is one of them? He's having a terrible year, but I'd take him over Flowers in a heartbeat.

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Aug 1, 2014 -> 07:55 PM)
Considering a few of the current Astros are pissed at the organization for the treatment of Appel, I wonder if that would make trading some of them more likely/possible. Maybe Castro is one of them? He's having a terrible year, but I'd take him over Flowers in a heartbeat.

After the Bacon/Balls/Dicks trade scenario Castro was my second thought. The Marlins Danks rumors coupled with the big deal the Marlins made with the Astros, the fact that we may have had interest in Cosart, etc. there could have been something there, and the 2 teams just decided it would be easier to make a standard 2 team deal rather than involve all the salary complications the Sox side would involve.

But if it was Castro coming here, Danks and cash going to FLA, prospects from the Sox heading out etc. that could make some sense.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Aug 2, 2014 -> 02:30 AM)
After the Bacon/Balls/Dicks trade scenario Castro was my second thought. The Marlins Danks rumors coupled with the big deal the Marlins made with the Astros, the fact that we may have had interest in Cosart, etc. there could have been something there, and the 2 teams just decided it would be easier to make a standard 2 team deal rather than involve all the salary complications the Sox side would involve.

But if it was Castro coming here, Danks and cash going to FLA, prospects from the Sox heading out etc. that could make some sense.

I don't know if that was the trade Hahn was talking about. my main question is why is the marlins wanting

to do anything unless they have some sort of knife pointing at their heart. it like mlb bosses know you

are not trying to get salary, but if you do not make an effort or an appearance of an effort, the mlb bosses

will cone at you again. that is my opinion.

I think the deal that fell thru may be with the yanks and the prospect in question may be 1 or their catching

prospects.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 1, 2014 -> 05:50 PM)
I'd be curious to see what details he has here? Teams? Player? Could this be revisited in the off season?

Hahn was on 670 this morning and said that it was for a long targeted player. He also said that it "could" be revisited in the offseason. I'm going with Yasmani Grandal. He was in the lineup and warming up and then was scratched for no reason. Sox have been interested in the past.