8/3 Game-thread- Quintana vs. Gibson. 1:10 CSN

BigHurt3515

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 3, 2014 -> 08:34 PM)
I don't know. He has made some pretty good plays over there. Is our star AAA prospect better in the field?

He has made some great plays. Other times he's pretty bad over there. I think overall he's a below average third baseman defensively. Like I said, though, the Sox probably will just have to live with it since he's a good line drive hitter.

Avisail Garcia (shoulder) left a rehab game with Triple-A Charlotte on Sunday after being hit on the left wrist by a pitch.

It's not clear at this point whether it might be a significant setback. The White Sox should update Garcia's status before long. The outfielder entered Sunday with five hits in his first nine rehab at-bats.

Source: Seth Lakso on Twitter

Avi's luck this year it will be broke.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 3, 2014 -> 08:53 PM)
I miss Paciorek

They should bring him back next season. I guess nobody is going anywhere, though. Hawk will do it until he dies; ditto Farmer. DJ seems to have survived and is a fixture forever as well. That leaves Stone. He could always get bored with the day to day grind I suppose.

The lineups this series haven't made sense. Dunn is a good sinker ball hitter, yet he sits out today after facing a pitcher last night who throws a lot of junk. Beckham, despite his success last night, is still a ridiculous choice to bat 2nd vs a RHP.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 3, 2014 -> 02:59 PM)
JJ Stankevitz ‏@JJStankevitz 2m

Gordon Beckham was hitting .298 on June 10. Since: .161/.209/.293 (.503 OPS) in 192 PAs. 0-2 today. #WhiteSox

I'm just counting the weeks down on him and Dunn, and a couple other guys.

We're at 8.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 3, 2014 -> 02:39 PM)
The beat reporters are calling it the "left elbow area".

So the Charlotte reporter is now quoting the "Chicago beat writers" with it being the elbow area. So the Charlotte writer isn't at the games?lol but better news that it's the elbow right?

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 3, 2014 -> 08:59 PM)
JJ Stankevitz ‏@JJStankevitz 2m

Gordon Beckham was hitting .298 on June 10. Since: .161/.209/.293 (.503 OPS) in 192 PAs. 0-2 today. #WhiteSox

Sickening but predictable. He's a lousy hitter, rarely decides to hit it to right or up the middle. Just swings thru it and/or pops it up or weak grounders.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 3, 2014 -> 09:06 PM)
They still have a chance in this game, but this is the flattest the team has been maybe all season.

They've been flat on weekend games a lot. I remember getting mad on many Saturdays and Sundays before turning it off.