Kyyle23

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Danks FIP by month: 4.14, 5.27, 4.78, 5.10

Oh, and for now August is 15.14...but he's only thrown one inning so we'll let him work on that a little bit more. My general point is that outside of having an okay April, he's been bad all year. His hot streak was a mirage

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 5, 2014 -> 07:31 PM)
Last couple of games, he's been fouling off some meatballs that he had been hitting over the fence before the ASB. Thankfully, he's stopped chasing the slider low and away for the most part.

Seems like he's gotten a little focused on hanging offspeed pitches. While he was lining fastballs to right and pounding offspeeds to left, he's got himself into a spot where he's starting to miss the heaters, even in fastball counts. The beauty is that he's doing so many things right that he's still hitting well

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 5, 2014 -> 07:32 PM)

Oh, and for now August is 15.14...but he's only thrown one inning so we'll let him work on that a little bit more. My general point is that outside of having an okay April, he's been bad all year. His hot streak was a mirage

Yet some will tell you his value IS 14 mil a year, and are glad the Sox didn't trade him.

Guys throwing 86mph to eat innings (lose games) can be found anywhere. I think this only gets worse the next 2 years.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Aug 5, 2014 -> 07:39 PM)
If I didn't have Soxtalk I would probably have a lot of holes in my walls

If Sox did not have Danks, I would have less holes in mine.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Aug 5, 2014 -> 07:39 PM)
Yet some will tell you his value IS 14 mil a year, and are glad the Sox didn't trade him.

Guys throwing 86mph to eat innings (lose games) can be found anywhere. I think this only gets worse the next 2 years.

It will get a lot worse.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Aug 5, 2014 -> 07:41 PM)
Somebody, somewhere picked up John Danks for a spot start in his/her fantasy league tonight, and will never make that mistake again.

You know what is funny? I have had him on my team the whole year in a dynasty league with 20 teams and I am currently in 4th place.

I just dropped him last inning

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Aug 5, 2014 -> 07:41 PM)
Somebody, somewhere picked up John Danks for a spot start in his/her fantasy league tonight, and will never make that mistake again.

Somebody wants to lose this week.

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 5, 2014 -> 07:32 PM)

I fell for the mirage. If he keeps this up, he's not even a #5 on a good team.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 01:43 AM)

I'm pretty sure the Cubs wouldn't do it, but I think I would approve of a Danks for Edwin Jackson trade.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 5, 2014 -> 08:43 PM)

The game he pitched against the Cubs so many people in the game thread were straight up in denial that he was just getting completely owned by a s*** lineup and the only thing saving him was all the rockets hit right at people.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 5, 2014 -> 07:45 PM)
The game he pitched against the Cubs so many people in the game thread were straight up in denial that he was just getting completely owned by a s*** lineup and the only thing saving him was all the rockets hit right at people.

A lot of guys have been defending Danks every s***ty start. He is a shell of his former self.