Rangers @ Sox

Kyyle23

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 12:49 AM)
Yeah this board voted 36-6 against trading Danks for Santiago. Lulz. Don't understand the love affair with Danks here.

Sadly, his extension could very well end up being one of the worst deals in Sox history.

I like Danks and all, he's a good guy who has pitched really well for us, but I'm obviously worried. I hope he can turn it around and I don't think it's impossible that he does - but there is no good trend to fall back on.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 5, 2014 -> 07:49 PM)
Sadly, his extension could very well end up being one of the worst deals in Sox history.

This is why I was advocating taking ANYTHING from the Yankees, not playing hard ball. Get out from under this terrible contract for a pitcher who is just bad now.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Aug 5, 2014 -> 08:51 PM)
This is why I was advocating taking ANYTHING from the Yankees, not playing hard ball. Get out from under this terrible contract for a pitcher who is just bad now.

Yea I was right there with ya. Nobody needed FIP (hi Dick) to tell you John Danks was gonna regress when you saw him throw 88 mph fastball up followed by 82 mph changeup up followed by looping breaking ball.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Aug 5, 2014 -> 06:51 PM)

No doubt about it. Ship has sailed along with Danks' ERA.