Game Thread- Rangers @ Sox 1:10 PM CT

Jose Abreu

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 09:53 PM)
He has talent but he really should be at AA right now if you look at his minor league career. The fact that he plays multiple positions seems like it's been a major reason for 2 different franchises to push him rapidly upwards.

Yes sir! But, he is what we have plus Semien and Micah and Sanchez. All 4 are not ready for the bigs yet. I still think Beckham and Ramirez should stay as our keystone combo and one or two of the others as the backup. Maybe that's why they wanted Semien to lay some OF?

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 05:08 PM)
Yes sir! But, he is what we have plus Semien and Micah and Sanchez. All 4 are not ready for the bigs yet. I still think Beckham and Ramirez should stay as our keystone combo and one or two of the others as the backup. Maybe that's why they wanted Semien to lay some OF?

Wait, you think Beckham is a keystone and should stay?? :huh:

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 05:06 PM)
I always like Brett Lillibridge. That guy played with heart. He made some very fine defensive plays out there too

One of the most clueless guys on the bases, typical White Sox.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 10:59 PM)
Wait, you think Beckham is a keystone and should stay?? :huh:

Gordon Beckham is one of the best defensive 2bmen in the AL. Yes he is struggling with the bat, but he isn't afraid to work through his offensive issues. I also think the guy it a tough luck hitter. Now if you don't see the value of a defensive 2Bman then you need to study up on the game some

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 08:00 PM)
Gordon Beckham is one of the best defensive 2bmen in the AL. Yes he is struggling with the bat, but he isn't afraid to work through his offensive issues. I also think the guy it a tough luck hitter. Now if you don't see the value of a defensive 2Bman then you need to study up on the game some

He has been struggling with the bat for 4 years. There is noway he should be here next year.. Having Semien, Johnson, or Sanchez there will not effect the defense that much

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 09:00 PM)

Which is only true if you ignore the fact that he's quite poor on defense and has gotten worse every single year of his career.

I'd very much appreciate the value of a solid defensive 2b if the White Sox had one. They do not. Gordon Beckham is a weak fielder. 3 years ago he was a solid 2b and he has gotten worse every year. He commits a lot of errors and does not have good range.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 09:18 PM)
Which is only true if you ignore the fact that he's quite poor on defense and has gotten worse every single year of his career.

I'd very much appreciate the value of a solid defensive 2b if the White Sox had one. They do not. Gordon Beckham is a weak fielder. 3 years ago he was a solid 2b and he has gotten worse every year. He commits a lot of errors and does not have good range.

Yea his range is awful. Literally the only tool he brings is a strong arm on the pivot. That's it. IF he could hit AT ALL (talking 270/320/400) you can easily pencil him in as a long term starter. Problem is he can't hit at all.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 6, 2014 -> 10:09 PM)
Tied for 10th worst record in the Majors now if Tampa holds on.

It's a crazy season. The Sox have been teetering all the time, but keep battling back to a few games of .500. They are one 1-9 road trip from being one of the worst teams in baseball and I fear that rotten 2-3 weeks of ball is still out there for this team. They keep proving me wrong, but the pessimistic me feels that long losing streak is coming and they'll still get a top five draft pick.