LLWS Thread

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 12, 2015 -> 10:37 AM)
Wasn't KW supposed to issue a statement about the situation sometime this week?

What happened? Perhaps the team is gathering more evidence...and there might be some legal repercussions as well, vis a vis the White Sox, the RBI program, etc.

He did yesterday it was as stupid and pointless as anyone.

At least Rahm's dumb comments come because he is running for mayor and it is election season.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its unfortunate that these kids dont come from rich neighborhoods, then it would have been as simple as renting an apartment in the right district.

The lesson here is if youre going to cheat, dont get caught. Because Id be hard pressed to find any competitive person who didnt try and get an "edge".

So JRW's lawyer just had a press conference. Why can't the people who knowingly cheated step up to the plate and accept responsibility? Instead, they hire a lawyer to lawyer their way out of this...

I assume the lawyer was also hired because they will be facing lawsuits against them, but that's not what I got out of that press conference.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 12, 2015 -> 01:28 PM)
Its unfortunate that these kids dont come from rich neighborhoods, then it would have been as simple as renting an apartment in the right district.

The lesson here is if youre going to cheat, dont get caught. Because Id be hard pressed to find any competitive person who didnt try and get an "edge".

My eyes can't roll hard enough.

QUOTE (SexiAlexei @ Feb 12, 2015 -> 02:28 PM)
So JRW's lawyer just had a press conference. Why can't the people who knowingly cheated step up to the plate and accept responsibility? Instead, they hire a lawyer to lawyer their way out of this...

I assume the lawyer was also hired because they will be facing lawsuits against them, but that's not what I got out of that press conference.

Think of the bright side, if you bought any yellow t-shirts, you just paid a little for this guy . It amazes me. NOT ONE PERSON involved with JRW is putting any blame on the coaches and the league. When I was that age, I was actually on a team that used a pitcher 1 too many innings and when we were to play for our town's championship, we were called into a meeting where our coach , in tears, told us he screwed up and we had to forfeit. It was a little heartbreaking, but we got over it fast. These kids got all the perks that went with winning. They just have to give their titles and trophy back. So what they got the experience. I wonder how they would feel if they played the thing legit and the Indiana team was cheating and took everything away from them. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be what they are doing now.

The Little League Pledge:

Pledge

I trust in God

I love my country

And will respect its laws

I will play fair

And strive to win

But win or lose

I will always do my best

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Feb 11, 2015 -> 11:36 PM)
They were not eligible to play for that team. They didn't live in the area. How hard is this to understand.

What part of the kids didn't make the decision to join the team and probably were not fully aware of the boundary rules so they aren't necessarily the cheaters yet bear the brunt of the punishment don't you understand? Again, not so cut and dry. The punishment doesn't fit the crime when the kids are largely innocent.

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Feb 12, 2015 -> 02:48 PM)
What part of the kids didn't make the decision to join the team and probably were not fully aware of the boundary rules so they aren't necessarily the cheaters yet bear the brunt of the punishment don't you understand? Again, not so cut and dry. The punishment doesn't fit the crime when the kids are largely innocent.

There are so many layers though. There are a lot of kids affected by this, not just JRW. like the teams that got smoked by JRW on the way to the LLWS.

Bottom line is these kids did not qualify to play on this team based on the boundary rules that they circumvented. They are not eligible to play on this team.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 12, 2015 -> 02:59 PM)
There are so many layers though. There are a lot of kids affected by this, not just JRW. like the teams that got smoked by JRW on the way to the LLWS.

Bottom line is these kids did not qualify to play on this team based on the boundary rules that they circumvented. They are not eligible to play on this team.

That's what I think the defenders like Jesse, and Father Pflager and KW, and Rahm are missing. I do think these kids are victims. It's hard to imagine 12-13 year olds could carry this out on their own. The fact is, they couldn't. But there are far more victims, the kids you mentioned who didn't get parades, and recognition and $200k donated to their league. They seem to forget about that.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 12, 2015 -> 02:59 PM)

They didn't circumvent them. The adults did.

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Feb 12, 2015 -> 08:15 PM)

The adults cheated every team they played. Do you really think that if you removed the illegal players they would of beat every team the way they did. The Las Vegas Team, Monee, the Indiana team, all the teams on the path to the title. The kids who were cut because ringers were brought in from out of the district.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 12, 2015 -> 10:21 AM)
My view is this...the players accomplishments and what they did on the field happened and the players should feel proud about what they did. They weren't aware of the rules, etc, and the view to me is they played their guts out and earned what they did. However, the rules are the rules and everyone needs to play by the rules. The parents need to step up, take blame and responsibility, and show the kids how adults handle things, but nobody should be blaming these kids or taking anything away from their actual performances on the field. The wins were forfeited but in their eyes they know what they did and should feel proud of what they did on the field, imo, but should also learn a valuable lesson as to why you shouldn't cut corners and how you should handle yourself if you do.

Instead it seem like too many are blaming everyone else instead of the parents and the league which was responsible for this mess and throwing out all kinds of excuses, etc, which makes the kids actually feel like they were robbed of something, which they weren't.

Agreed.

No one is talking about the kids who were really robbed. The kids that would have played on that team who were not judged by the adults who knew them as good enough. They should have had the experience of playing in the tournament.

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Feb 12, 2015 -> 08:15 PM)

I know dude, I don't blame the kids. It sucks that their parents and coaches cheated, but it happened. The kids shouldn't have played together

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (lord chas @ Aug 14, 2014 -> 04:21 PM)
Anyone know how these teams are formed in terms of boundaries? I taught one of these JRW kids and he lived in South Holland. Is it like a travel team where kids are from all over the area or is this strictly a Chicago team?

We all know now