White Sox @ Mariners 3:10CT WGN

GGajewski18

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 10, 2014 -> 06:18 PM)
Just got back from the game, left in the 8th as it was boring as f*** and wanted to do something else with the rest of the afternoon besides get stuck in a traffic jam on the way home.

I had a great seat just slightly to the 1B side of home plate and close, Row 20 total, not just that section. Was probably 80 feet from home plate.

Body language of the Sox pregame seemed normal to me I was hanging out by the dugout although one thing I notice when I watch the Sox in person is they don't have a lot of guys that like to get the "extra work" in before the games. The mariners guys seemed to be a little more active pregame but who knows, this is just a small sliver into their routines take it fwiw.

The ball De Aza lost in the sun is 100% Jordan Danks fault. Danks failed to take charge on an earlier play that Viciedo almost lost. Danks is a natural CF and if he's not going to safe runs with the glove he has no business in Chicago. Again, just my observation but from home plate it surely looked like off the bat Jordan could have made the play.

The f***ing music at Safeco is intolerable. My goodness not a moment's peace. It's actually even worse than most other stadiums including the Cell and NYS. Citi Field and Baltimore I remember as pretty bad too.

Watched Cano turn a couple double plays effortlessly. His footwork around the bag is a thing of beauty. I will give Gordon credit he made an amazing play ranging to his right to save a run. I think most 2B maybe knock that ball down but I don't think many throw him out. Great reactions from Gordon. Too bad he can't hit a lick. DFA please.

Jose looked awful his first 3 times up. Missed the single.

Nobody around me thought De Aza would be called out. How in the world did they over turn that? Was it clear in HD or something?

Sox only come to Seattle one time a year, it's a shame. At least the weather was nice today. Otherwise a very boring game, Danks pitched OK but the M's lineup sucks.

Cool, thanks for the report, even though the game kinda sucked. If the Sox have anyone out of the lineup (especially Eaton), they seem to look really bad. Going to games is awesome because you get to pick what you watch - outfield alignment, etc. Too bad about the music, that s*** annoys me too. It just seems like the people that are in charge of that stuff can't be baseball fans - same at basketball games. Hell, the Miami Heat PA announcer is unbearable even watching on TV.

From the WGN feed, it looked like De Aza was out to me, although it was not perfectly clear. From the shot they showed, the 1B's foot was slightly in the way, but you could see the tag and then his hand hit the bag. I just went back and looked at the Mariners broadcast and it's pretty clear when you combine the 2 views. And Jose didn't look any better on his seeing-eye single - it was weak and just out of Cano's reach, and he probably could have made the play if he would've dove.

Edited by 1dog

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images