Ferguson Riots

Brian

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Mr. Currie became increasingly belligerent and profane and the police officer attempted to restrain Mr. Currie with handcuffs to insure the police officer's and Mr. Currie's safety."

Rinse. Repeat. Rinse. Repeat.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 9, 2014 -> 05:41 PM)
I think it's ridiculous that it's up to citizens for this. Again, it's a seatbelt stop with a family of 4 in it. Guns were pulled, a window was smashed, and a man tazed in front of the kids. The other cop seemed to be talking and handling the situation fine. Maybe the other cop was just s***ty at his job?

Blame the relatively few morons who have shot cops or harmed cops during traffic stops for getting the law on this changed.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 10, 2014 -> 01:37 PM)
I think Strange and bmags have sufficiently proven that they're some of the good white people :lol:

I can't wait until we see the story about the cop that gets told "yeah I live here" and let's the place get robbed blind.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 10, 2014 -> 02:11 PM)
I can't wait until we see the story about the cop that gets told "yeah I live here" and let's the place get robbed blind.

I read somewhere that it has happened where a criminal jumped in the shower as the police showed up and claimed that he lived at the house he was in the process of robbing.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 10, 2014 -> 02:11 PM)

well then they should be fired for not doing their job. if they arrest the burglar they should also be fired though. it's just one of those things. you wouldn't understand because you're uneducated about social justice.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Oct 10, 2014 -> 04:18 PM)
well then they should be fired for not doing their job. if they arrest the burglar they should also be fired though. it's just one of those things. you wouldn't understand because you're uneducated about social justice.

Plus he maces himself every day since that's fun.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Oct 10, 2014 -> 08:03 AM)
Ballistics tests will tell the tale, whether the people want to believe them or not.

Science > some random peoples "opinions".

The facts are the police shot an unarmed teen whom was simply holding a sandwich that happened to shoot bullets. as Balta stated, there are eye witness accounts to this.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Oct 10, 2014 -> 03:35 PM)
The facts are the police shot an unarmed teen whom was simply holding a sandwich that happened to shoot bullets. as Balta stated, there are eye witness accounts to this.

I don't think you're talking about the same shooting.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 7, 2014 -> 08:43 PM)
How many times did they ask him to get out and told him they would do it?

As you can see in my little profile thing, I'm from Hammond, and the police officer is actually the father of a friend of mine. His daughter is a great girl and the one time I met him he seemed real nice.

The video in question is a 20 second clip of about a 13 minute interaction.

Was a bit excessive? Perhaps, but what other options did he have if the guy refused to cooperate? Just continue to play the waiting game?

Not sure if it has been posted, but that man had warrants in another county and has since been arrested.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 10, 2014 -> 02:37 PM)
I think Strange and bmags have sufficiently proven that they're some of the good white people :lol:

I bought cookies from a couple guys trying to "raise money for their basketball team" today out of white guilt.

There are SOME good white people. :lol:

QUOTE (Reddy @ Oct 11, 2014 -> 09:37 PM)
I bought cookies from a couple guys trying to "raise money for their basketball team" today out of white guilt.

There are SOME good white people. :lol:

Reddy is back!!!

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Oct 11, 2014 -> 09:50 PM)
Reddy is back!!!

Briefly. My life on cruise ships doesn't allow for long internet dalliance. Have to pay for it on board. Ugh.

In Houston flying to Cartagena, Colombia tomorrow and staying in Obama's Secret Service's favorite hotel for a couple days until I get on another ship. Life's not terrible currently. :D

PS my road trip was amazing, but you were right about the filming of it. Created tensions that didn't need to be there. Still easily the coolest thing I've ever done. I'll tell y'all about it some day.

Lot of arrests last night. Protestors are getting more aggressive. Holding a sit in front of a place of business and preventing people from people going in is not a good idea. St. Louis police chief says rocks were thrown at cops. That's another good way to have mass arrests happen.