Sox @ Gigantes pt. deux

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 13, 2014 -> 04:04 PM)
So those games don't count? You said one game a month, which is what he is getting, and the Sox have 4 off days this month as well.

But I suppose it is different from when you were complaining that Konerko would be playing too much and Abreu not playing enough when they announced Paulie was coming back.

And of course, the smart managerial move is to do the complete opposite. When people say bunting is a bad idea, I say bunt 6 times in an inning!

At least you now definitely agree that Konerko is a waste of space on the roster based on this post.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 13, 2014 -> 03:08 PM)
And of course, the smart managerial move is to do the complete opposite. When people say bunting is a bad idea, I say bunt 6 times in an inning!

At least you now definitely agree that Konerko is a waste of space on the roster based on this post.

I don't agree with that. Konerko has been a pretty good pinch hitter. He is getting one day a month off. He just was off 3 weeks ago. If he gets a day off by a week from Saturday, nevermind the 3 days the team will have had off in 8 days next Thursday, he is right on the schedule you prescribed, yet you still complain.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 13, 2014 -> 04:04 PM)
But I suppose it is different from when you were complaining that Konerko would be playing too much and Abreu not playing enough when they announced Paulie was coming back.

The important thing is that there is complaining about SOMETHING.

QUOTE (Vance Law @ Aug 13, 2014 -> 04:15 PM)
The important thing is that there is complaining about SOMETHING.

It's like taking medicine. When your doctor advises you to take an aspirin a day, he might complain if you don't. He might also complain if you take a thousand aspirin in a day. Those complaints are just the doctor complaining about something and should be ignored.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 13, 2014 -> 03:17 PM)
It's like taking medicine. When your doctor advises you to take an aspirin a day, he might complain if you don't. He might also complain if you take a thousand aspirin in a day. Those complaints are just the doctor complaining about something and should be ignored.

What about someone who suggests self medication without a doctors/pharmacists license. And what if he still gets upset when you take his prescribed amount, and insists it still isn't enough?

Since when are the White Sox looking for your advice?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 13, 2014 -> 03:03 PM)
Playing baseball especially 1B is not going to tire you out. And he's had more than one day off.

It's more mental than physical. It just like baseball in general it's the mental focus and fatigue. The constant travel that he isn't used to also will add to it.

Maybe because one isn't enough to take effect and 1000 can destroy your liver. These should not be ignored.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 13, 2014 -> 08:24 PM)
My guess is that they are approaching this year for Abreu as if he was a pitcher building up his innings, and trying to have him on the field as much as possible, to condition his body to play 150 games annually.

As much as I think he should get a day off every two weeks or so, I completely agree with you on this. Also, they probably want to see how he reacts to one of his biggest slumps of the year.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 13, 2014 -> 03:32 PM)
As much as I think he should get a day off every two weeks or so, I completely agree with you on this. Also, they probably want to see how he reacts to one of his biggest slumps of the year.

I pretty much said the same damn thing earlier lol

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 13, 2014 -> 04:32 PM)

I think "When the announcing team calls out how he looks at the plate, whether from exhaustion or injury, it is an appropriate time to give him a day off" is a reasonable standard to me. They've done it twice this year. The last time, he played until he couldn't walk.

That's why I'm calling this out now. It's time again.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 13, 2014 -> 08:36 PM)
I think "When the announcing team calls out how he looks at the plate, whether from exhaustion or injury, it is an appropriate time to give him a day off" is a reasonable standard to me. They've done it twice this year. The last time, he played until he couldn't walk.

That's why I'm calling this out now. It's time again.

Even when he was getting a single every game a week ago or so, I made mention about how he couldn't catch up to the fastball like he was a month ago. Hopefully he rediscovers the loft in his swing, as right now he's doing his best Avi impression.