Sox @ Gigantes pt. deux

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 13, 2014 -> 04:22 PM)
I can't believe people think it's that crazy to want one day off for Abreu when he looks exhausted and they are in a NL park. What better time to do it. Even Miggy had a day off last week.

He was off Monday and off tomorrow.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 13, 2014 -> 04:24 PM)
He was off Monday and off tomorrow.

And it's fairly common to sit a guy before an off day so he gets two full days of rest, but I guess the Sox playoff hopes depend on every single game so Abreu must play.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 13, 2014 -> 04:29 PM)
And it's fairly common to sit a guy before an off day so he gets two full days of rest, but I guess the Sox playoff hopes depend on every single game so Abreu must play.

It's not like he isn't hitting. I think his ave. and OBP have been going up recently. Maybe pitchers are adjusting to him and he is in the middle of an adjustment period.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 13, 2014 -> 03:59 PM)
Dunn gave up on it and it short hopped the wall. It wasn't easy by any stretch, but a competent outfielder would have made the catch

I would say you put that as nicely as possible. Even Dunn, if he takes 2 more steps and reaches out, makes the catch. Instead he turns around and watches it land 10 feet short of the wall on the track, then waddles back, picks up the ball, and flips it in. A competent outfielder makes that play over 95% of the time.