Sox @ Gigantes pt. deux

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 13, 2014 -> 04:53 PM)
They need to re-write the rule right away. I don't think it's actually prevented any collisions. Instead, it's just given teams runs when they shouldn't have gotten them.

How that is not obvious to absolutely everyone by this point, I have no goddamn idea. I have seen it in other games and knew it would eventually happen to the Sox.

Lol Dunn. Good try, good effort.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Aug 13, 2014 -> 10:04 PM)
Parent made a huge mistake bringing in Belisario and taking out Jordan in CF

I had to walk away after the play at the plate, and was shocked to see that Q was out of the game when Pagan was up. Reminds me of when Sale got pulled in Boston in the 8th.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Aug 13, 2014 -> 04:56 PM)
OK well that's where he's wrong and really stupid. First of all, umpires are impartial. He's implying that they are favoring the Giants there.

Second, you're not pulling people off the street to make these calls. You actually need former umpires there for rule interpretations - which that book is bigger than the actual rule book itself.

It's whoever the hell came up with the rule and rule interpretation that is at fault. That's in the MLB offices somewhere.

It hasn't quite reached this level, but this is reaching "toe in the crease no goal" absurdity from years ago in the NHL. It will absolutely be addressed in the offseason.

The rule itself has to be there for obstruction, but it should be a lot easier to call than this.

It is an actual active crew that looks at replays. I think they should hire few more minor league umpires and have at least one watching each game. If they did that by the time they walked over to put on a head set they should have their answer.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 13, 2014 -> 05:08 PM)
It is an actual active crew that looks at replays. I think they should hire few more minor league umpires and have at least one watching each game. If they did that by the time they walked over to put on a head set they should have their answer.

You're right, not sure why I said former, I have NHL replay stuck in my head.

In reality, there aren't that many reviewable plays each night, it's easy enough to get it done quickly. That's not really the issue.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Aug 13, 2014 -> 06:10 PM)
You probably should've made that bet with me on Belisario, his ERA has been approximately 176 since

LOL were you going to quote me there bud? :)