Sox @ Gigantes pt. deux

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Aug 13, 2014 -> 05:09 PM)
ugh i just wanna throw something right now. If i was RV, i think I would of been more animated.

Ha, I was just going to joke that Robin should have also thrown his hat. And played the game under protest or some s***. (I have no idea how that works.)

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

OK well that's where he's wrong and really stupid. First of all, umpires are impartial. He's implying that they are favoring the Giants there.

Second, you're not pulling people off the street to make these calls. You actually need former umpires there for rule interpretations - which that book is bigger than the actual rule book itself.

It's whoever the hell came up with the rule and rule interpretation that is at fault. That's in the MLB offices somewhere.

It hasn't quite reached this level, but this is reaching "toe in the crease no goal" absurdity from years ago in the NHL. It will absolutely be addressed in the offseason.

The rule itself has to be there for obstruction, but it should be a lot easier to call than this.

What logo is on the Ump's cap? They are MLB's representatives, and they deserve to catch grief for these idiotic rules.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 13, 2014 -> 04:08 PM)
It is an actual active crew that looks at replays. I think they should hire few more minor league umpires and have at least one watching each game. If they did that by the time they walked over to put on a head set they should have their answer.

I think the process is similar to how Family Guy episodes were concocted on South Park.

2r2ypg1.jpg

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 13, 2014 -> 05:19 PM)
Personally I think Flowers did block the plate and Posey did not. What I don't get is by the time it could be interference Flowers had the ball.

Dude they both blocking the plate and league is babying buster posey b**** ass.

I honestly can't remember the last time I was this pissed off at a game, it's been years. Watching that play and the aftermath transpire live was difficult to witness. What a f***ing joke, that call, that rule, is turning the game into a farce. It absolutely needs to be rewritten in much greater detail, if not stricken from the books entirely.

Ya know, I think rules like those in sports just make it hard to actually be a fanatic. You feel good when they get the out at home, but then in the back of your mind - will they review this and call some blocking the plate BS when he was easily out and the placement of his foot had no bearing on the play? Same thing in football now, a DB breaks up a play over the middle with a good hit and.......ref throws the flag for "hitting him too hard." Even though there was no malicious intent, guy aimed for the midsection, but the WR lowered his head at the end....or there was no helmet contact at all and the ref just blew the call, as they often do.

Just tough to watch and actually root for your team like you used to.

QUOTE (Son Goshin @ Aug 13, 2014 -> 05:24 PM)
I honestly can't remember the last time I was this pissed off at a game, it's been years. Watching that play and the aftermath transpire live was difficult to witness. What a f***ing joke, that call, that rule, is turning the game into a farce. It absolutely needs to be rewritten in much greater detail, if not stricken from the books entirely.

They would never get rid of it, because of the safety issue, but definitely needs to be rewritten or something because I cannot wait until it happens in the World Series this year and screws a team over.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Aug 13, 2014 -> 06:26 PM)
They would never get rid of it, because of the safety issue, but definitely needs to be rewritten or something because I cannot wait until it happens in the World Series this year and screws a team over.

Luckily all it screwed over was Q's ERA, and he's getting paid anyways the next few year. It got the Sox closer to a top 5 draft pick.