8/15 Games

GGajewski18

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 15, 2014 -> 07:58 PM)
Awesome to see that on a night where Danish seemed to struggle, he still put up good numbers. I still predict he's a top 100 prospect by most publications before next season begins.

I sure hope so, dude is good.

Bassitt with 5Ks through 3...16 in his last 9.

Would love to see him get called up to AAA after another start or 2. (Not sure how long the season goes)

.....Now 7Ks through 5.

The Charlotte game has had 12 base runners, but only 1 hit. Charlotte has yet to get a hit.

Still no hits through 8 for Charlotte....What an ugly game that must be.

.....Phegley with the first hit in the 9th.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Aug 15, 2014 -> 09:48 PM)
What's the back-story on Bassitt? Bad injury at some point?

Drafted in 2011, jumped 3 levels that season, then from the looks of it struggled with walks in 2012. 2013 he really broke out in his first full year starting, making 8 starts in AA.

If not for the injury to his hand(Or was that Lopez?) I really wouldn't be surprised if he was making a case to get some starts for the big club right now.

Bassitt starting to get interesting. Larry at SSS noted that his slider is much improved this year. I wouldn't doubt him based on the K% since his return. He's looking more and more like a possible back of rotation arm/high leverage reliever now.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Aug 16, 2014 -> 03:21 AM)
Bassitt starting to get interesting. Larry at SSS noted that his slider is much improved this year. I wouldn't doubt him based on the K% since his return. He's looking more and more like a possible back of rotation arm/high leverage reliever now.

Why would we doubt him because of the K%? It's ridiculous right now. It should be encouraging.

Who would have ever thought that at the end of the WS game the WS position player in the game with the highest batting average would be Cleuluis Rondon? I have hope for him and glad as young and light as he is that he has not worn out this year.

QUOTE (BamaDoc @ Aug 16, 2014 -> 07:56 AM)
Who would have ever thought that at the end of the WS game the WS position player in the game with the highest batting average would be Cleuluis Rondon? I have hope for him and glad as young and light as he is that he has not worn out this year.

Cue Hawk soliloquy about how Alexei Ramirez is the toughest, yet thinnest, player in the majors.