Jays @ Sox

GGajewski18

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 16, 2014 -> 08:52 PM)
Go Mets!

Go Padres!

Both will be 1/2 game ahead (or behind, depending on how you look at it) for that 9th secured first round pick

YAY! We still have Bellysaurius for 2 more years after this.

Top 11 is protected.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 16, 2014 -> 08:01 PM)
False

I don't know where Farmer and DJ got that idea. They were saying "we have him for two more years, we have to use him and get him back to form" and they don't even have to offer him a contract for next year.

Pretty big mistake for the team's broadcasters not to know this.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 16, 2014 -> 09:17 PM)
I don't know where Farmer and DJ got that idea. They were saying "we have him for two more years, we have to use him and get him back to form" and they don't even have to offer him a contract for next year.

Pretty big mistake for the team's broadcasters not to know this.

You sure they weren't talking about Danks?

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Aug 16, 2014 -> 09:06 PM)
Top 11 is protected.

It's only the top (bottom) 10 teams.

It will be 11 picks next year because Houston will get a bonus for not signing their #1 this year.

So assuming Houston is one of the worst teams, it is Houston plus 9 more teams getting a protected pick.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Aug 16, 2014 -> 09:32 PM)
Huh, Danks gave up as many runs as Buherle yet pitched deeper into the game.

You do realize that was earlier in the game when he gave up 3 by the third inning when he posted that right?

I see the bullpen failed again tonight albeit against a good team. Good game except for the horses*** bullpen again. With Minnie winning Sox creeping closer to the cellar for the second year in a row.

Avi baby!

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 17, 2014 -> 12:00 AM)
This ump has one of the smallest zones of the year

You'd think the umps would have some self respect. Baseball goes to replay because the umps are basically making so many mistakes it's laughable. Now they have all these overturned calls, you'd think they'd be embarrassed, but ...

Part Two: Baseball tells its new commish to speed up games. One of the reasons games are so long is umpires refuse to call a pitch over the belt a strike. Umps have their own strike zone. I contend it's been a silent protest all these years, i.e., you can make the rules but we'll call the game the way we want! If they'd call a pitch above the belt a strike, it would make hitters, uh, swing a bit more.

Umpires anger me so much. I wish they'd clean house on them.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 16, 2014 -> 09:42 PM)
You do realize that was earlier in the game when he gave up 3 by the third inning when he posted that right?

Yes, it's more of a comment on over reacting too early or based on a single inning/event. Instead of looking at the bigger picture.