Blue Jays vs White Sox game thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 17, 2014 -> 04:09 PM)
ADA playing good defense, but that throw home made no sense

Yup, as he's not going to tag there as the non-tying run, and if he does and even if he scores, it makes zero difference. You just need the guy on 2nd to not move. Luckily he was throwing to a cutoff and not air mailing it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 17, 2014 -> 03:07 PM)
Second out

I guess that makes a bit more sense with the lefty vs. lefty match-up against Gillaspie coming next...although Conor already had a GS earlier.

Doesn't matter now...at least Avi was hustling AND didn't get hurt again.

Somehow the White Sox went 5-2 against the Blue Jays this season, even though TOR was clearly the more dangerous team.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 17, 2014 -> 03:11 PM)
I guess that makes a bit more sense with the lefty vs. lefty match-up against Gillaspie coming next...although Conor already had a GS earlier.

Exactly. I'm excited to have him back. Sure can run for a big guy.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 17, 2014 -> 04:11 PM)

Somehow the White Sox went 5-2 against the Blue Jays this season, even though TOR was clearly the more dangerous team.

Sox are 34-30 against teams with a 500 or better record and 25-35 against teams under 500

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Aug 17, 2014 -> 03:14 PM)
Sox are 34-30 against teams with a 500 or better record and 25-35 against teams under 500

Our record against Minnesota isn't helping matters.

We had that six game stretch against Minnesota and the Rangers where we could have gotten back to 1 game under and instead ended up back at 5 games under after playing well against the Tigers and Twins three weeks ago coming into that stretch.

Of course, a lot of it has to do with Abreu's HR bat going cold at right about that time.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Aug 17, 2014 -> 03:14 PM)

It's tough to have to compete against the opposing pen and their own by having to score over 5 runs. From what I've seen so far this pen is painful to watch.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 17, 2014 -> 03:56 PM)
Not enough to over-turn. I really wish they would tell the fans why they made the decision...like how they do it in football.

Are u kidding me i was at the game he wasnt even tagged till his foot when on the bag new york is screwing alot lately.