8/19 Gamethread SOX vs. Orioles - 7:10pm CDT - CSN+

knightni

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Aug 19, 2014 -> 08:10 PM)
Then you gotta send someone down. Just wait another couple weeks.

Right, just cut his ass from the squad. DFA. HE GONE. Whatever you call it.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 19, 2014 -> 08:11 PM)
Never say zero percent .

Oh s***, don't tell me there's a chance.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 20, 2014 -> 01:49 AM)
I have said this before the 6th inning is a killer to Q, all the time he hits a wall.

He needs to be able to limit the damage. He's been hurt by the big inning, especially after cruising the whole game

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 19, 2014 -> 09:51 PM)
He needs to be able to limit the damage. He's been hurt by the big inning, especially after cruising the whole game

Worth asking...do we ever give him a game where he has any margin of error? Where every pitch doesn't potentially lose the game?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 20, 2014 -> 02:00 AM)
Worth asking...do we ever give him a game where he has any margin of error? Where every pitch doesn't potentially lose the game?

So true, seems he never pitches where he can afford to give up a few runs and still be in good shape to win

It's seems the 5th inning is the make or break inning for Q. His ERA for 5th inning last year was an unreal 8.51, this year 4.81. Ironically, when he first came on the scene in 2012, he would get hit hard int he first 3 innings, and settle down in the latter part of the game.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 20, 2014 -> 03:06 AM)
Can Webb pitch without giving up a run? I have really soured on him going into 2015.

Amazing how everyone counted on in the bullpen coming into the season has been a disappointment or hurt. Petricka and Putnam were afterthoughts heading into the year.

Beckham did look bad there, really overmatched, bad swings, late on everything. After he gets non-tendered, I bet he won't get a big league contract offer from anyone, probably signing a minor league deal.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Aug 19, 2014 -> 08:40 PM)
Beckham did look bad there, really overmatched, bad swings, late on everything. After he gets non-tendered, I bet he won't get a big league contract offer from anyone, probably signing a minor league deal.

He will but closer to the league minimum. I wouldn't rule out him being on the Sox. I have a strange feeling that will happen.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Aug 19, 2014 -> 09:40 PM)

lol.