Hahn- Deal could happen before Aug 31

southsider2k5

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Konerko isn't going anywhere, except into the lineup more often over the last month at home.

They didn't sign him up for the Farewell Tour to skip the actual Farewell.

Hard to imagine any contender that has watched Beckham flail and miss at high fastballs like a Sally League player would expect him to get them over the hump.

I think most Sox fans would welcome a trade or two to keep September interesting.

My question to the people who might know: Have any lousy teams like the Sox thruout history made some Aug/September trades that acquire key pieces for the future? I mean trades past the trade deadline?

It would be nice to see the Sox start acquiring some good bullpen pieces for next year and also start getting rid of lousy players like DeAza, Viciedo, Beckham, Dunn, maybe even Flowers though admittedly I like his long home runs.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 20, 2014 -> 09:59 PM)
I think most Sox fans would welcome a trade or two to keep September interesting.

My question to the people who might know: Have any lousy teams like the Sox thruout history made some Aug/September trades that acquire key pieces for the future? I mean trades past the trade deadline?

It would be nice to see the Sox start acquiring some good bullpen pieces for next year and also start getting rid of lousy players like DeAza, Viciedo, Beckham, Dunn, maybe even Flowers though admittedly I like his long home runs.

Garrett richards just got injured for the angels tonight would they be interested in john Danks.

QUOTE (peavy44 @ Aug 20, 2014 -> 10:24 PM)
Garrett richards just got injured for the angels tonight would they be interested in john Danks.

no offense to John, who had a tough injury, but that's like totaling your brand new Mercedes sedan and replacing it with a '94 Ford Aerostar. As others have said, John's already passed waivers, I doubt anyone is interested in the guy with the worst peripherals in MLB among qualified starters and an ERA, in a deadball era, over 4.5 as well.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 20, 2014 -> 11:20 PM)
no offense to John, who had a tough injury, but that's like totaling your brand new Mercedes sedan and replacing it with a '94 Ford Aerostar. As others have said, John's already passed waivers, I doubt anyone is interested in the guy with the worst peripherals in MLB among qualified starters and an ERA, in a deadball era, over 4.5 as well.

They need pitching.

QUOTE (peavy44 @ Aug 20, 2014 -> 11:28 PM)
They need pitching.

They don't need replacement level pitching at 4th starter cost. I know nothing of the Angels but surely they can do better than John Danks. There are literally dozens of guys available to them that would make more sense just because it doesn't require a 20+ million dollar commitment.

If the Sox want to pick up 10 million it's hardly even worth it imo. Just see if he can rebound at all if that's the price to offload him.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 20, 2014 -> 11:35 PM)
They don't need replacement level pitching at 4th starter cost. I know nothing of the Angels but surely they can do better than John Danks. There are literally dozens of guys available to them that would make more sense just because it doesn't require a 20+ million dollar commitment.

If the Sox want to pick up 10 million it's hardly even worth it imo. Just see if he can rebound at all if that's the price to offload him.

Well i want one of dunn Beckham danks gone by September 1 this year.

Edited by peavy44

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 21, 2014 -> 07:48 AM)
you live in Cali. Make this happen. We are counting on you as owner, operator, and overseeing God of Soxtalk

To be honest, I would hate it. It would be a terrible move for the Angels but would get comfortable with it since my favorite team benefited. I don't think in a million years this deal would happen without other parts involved (whether that is money or other players on the Sox side).

Just before the season started,the Angels were saying they were pretty much at their payroll cap so Danks to LAA is not really an option.

To those clamoring to trade Danks. Ask your self, if Danks was on another team would you want the Sox to trade for him and take on that contract? I know I wouldn't. I would love to see him gone but I accept he doesn't have the value many had hoped for and that contract is what really hurts.

I'm hoping that maybe some team will take a chance on trading for him this off season but I stress, hope, not counting on. Danks is with Sox and people need to accept it because complaining won't make any difference.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Aug 21, 2014 -> 10:00 AM)
Just before the season started,the Angels were saying they were pretty much at their payroll cap so Danks to LAA is not really an option.

To those clamoring to trade Danks. Ask your self, if Danks was on another team would you want the Sox to trade for him and take on that contract? I know I wouldn't. I would love to see him gone but I accept he doesn't have the value many had hoped for and that contract is what really hurts.

I'm hoping that maybe some team will take a chance on trading for him this off season but I stress, hope, not counting on. Danks is with Sox and people need to accept it because complaining won't make any difference.

If the Sox were in a heated battle to avoid the WC play-in game and the Sox ace had a bone protruding through his leg, I might think about it, yes.

QUOTE (peavy44 @ Aug 20, 2014 -> 10:24 PM)

The Angels don't want a multi-year deal on top of Danks fading hard this year. They are going to want a contract that expires at the end of the year. A guy like Noesi would be more of what they would be looking for.

There's just no way they get THAT desperate.

I think they'd almost rather go back to Joe Saunders again than take on Danks' financial commitment.

There were at least ten starting pitchers who moved the last 10 days of July and in August so far that fit that requirement of expiring contracts/veteran pitchers/lower-risk deals.

If we were talking about Danks at the beginning of July, then it could be a legit conversation. But not right now.

Edited by caulfield12