2014 Fantasy Football Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been a disastrous season. I'm 2-3 and have yet to have a week where both of my starting RBs play. I've made some moves that have backfired, trading for Jamaal Charles the week he hurts his ankle and trading for Montee Ball last week. However, last night I might have saved my season.

The owner of Aaron Rodgers was panicky and desperate for a running back. He loves Cam Newton (go figure, f*** you Cam Newton), and I somehow convinced him to take Ball, Hillman, Newton, and Darrin Reaves for Rodgers, Pierre Garcon, and two non-rosterable guys (Shonn Greene and MJD).

Then, I flipped Rodgers immediately to one of the three Packers fans who were pissed off he got dealt. What a goldmine this was, as I dealt Aaron Rodgers, Victor Cruz, and Shonn Greene for Drew Brees, Antonio Brown, and Chris Ivory.

Of course, I have to contend with both Brees and Charles being on BYE this week, but this is a formidable roster come Week 7 (when I'll likely be 2-4).

QB Drew Brees

WR Antonio Brown

WR Alshon Jeffery

RB Jamaal Charles

RB Chris Ivory (I know, can sub in Shane Vereen if I'm feeling like a crazy person

TE Julius Thomas

WR/RB/TE Pierre Garcon

Then a kicker and a defense #whatever

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 03:38 AM)
f***, I lost the waiver claim on Mark Ingram, but I did win the claims of Tom Brady and Justin Forsett.

The cocksucker who vultured Ingram already has DeMarco Murray and Marshawn Lynch, the #1 and #2 RB so far this season. Bastard.

How the hell were Ingram and Forsett still on the wire in your league the last few weeks?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 07:46 AM)
This has been a disastrous season. I'm 2-3 and have yet to have a week where both of my starting RBs play. I've made some moves that have backfired, trading for Jamaal Charles the week he hurts his ankle and trading for Montee Ball last week. However, last night I might have saved my season.

The owner of Aaron Rodgers was panicky and desperate for a running back. He loves Cam Newton (go figure, f*** you Cam Newton), and I somehow convinced him to take Ball, Hillman, Newton, and Darrin Reaves for Rodgers, Pierre Garcon, and two non-rosterable guys (Shonn Greene and MJD).

Then, I flipped Rodgers immediately to one of the three Packers fans who were pissed off he got dealt. What a goldmine this was, as I dealt Aaron Rodgers, Victor Cruz, and Shonn Greene for Drew Brees, Antonio Brown, and Chris Ivory.

Of course, I have to contend with both Brees and Charles being on BYE this week, but this is a formidable roster come Week 7 (when I'll likely be 2-4).

QB Drew Brees

WR Antonio Brown

WR Alshon Jeffery

RB Jamaal Charles

RB Chris Ivory (I know, can sub in Shane Vereen if I'm feeling like a crazy person

TE Julius Thomas

WR/RB/TE Pierre Garcon

Then a kicker and a defense #whatever

That'll work.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 09:08 AM)
How the hell were Ingram and Forsett still on the wire in your league the last few weeks?

How did Tom Brady get dropped? We've got some dumb people in our league. It's a group of friends, so some people are in it because they are our friends, not because they are any good at fantasy football. Hell, my uncle was a last second addition because we had a guy drop out and he doesn't even know you can add players off free agency. LOL. Of course his team is 4-1 right now, that lucky bastard.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 05:44 PM)
Feels good to say, doesn't it?

Man you sure hate Brady. I don't love him or hate him, was just evaluating from a fantasy perspective, I thought he would be worth it after I acquired him last year, and he was in that 2nd half. But nothing has carried over into this year thus far.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 08:04 PM)
Man you sure hate Brady. I don't love him or hate him, was just evaluating from a fantasy perspective, I thought he would be worth it after I acquired him last year, and he was in that 2nd half. But nothing has carried over into this year thus far.

I don't hold grudges in real life but I do in fantasy football!

So my big money league is a league where you can play a QB in the FLEX and every TD is worth 6 points, so every QB is owned. I had the #1 waiver for a couple weeks and finally used it last week to grab Kyle Orton. He was my 4th QB (behind Luck, Smith, Bridgewater). I was just able to trade Orton to a guy who because of injuries has just 1 QB and got Percy Harvin out of him. He wanted to send me Andre Johnson but I said I needed a WR this week (Calvin hurt, Evans hurt, Cooks bye, Gordon suspended) so the trade wouldn't go through in time and was able to talk him into Percy Harvin straight up. I was surprised he did it but he was desperate. And i'll take it

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 9, 2014 -> 08:14 AM)
Riddle me this fantasy geniuses: Reggie Wayne or Keenan Allen???

Leaning towards Wayne, but I think Allen is due for a breakout and has a great matchup, but the quick rout potential may limit their passing.

Don't think you can go wrong either way, but Keenan is a must start every week IMO.

I'm playing Wayne in flex this week.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 9, 2014 -> 09:52 AM)
Don't think you can go wrong either way, but Keenan is a must start every week IMO.

I'm personally playing Quick over Allen this week. Allen's floor is just awful.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 9, 2014 -> 09:52 AM)

I will disagree. Keenan has been bad this year. He's had 4 good to great matchups in 5 games , yet only 1 game over 55 yards. On top of that, Gates and Royal will get most of the red zone targets in that system.

I am starting Marshall, and Steve Smith with Benjamin over Keenan as my flex this week.

So I've been basically trying to pawn Terrance Williams off on anyone in my league who will give me a decent RB in return, and no one would budge. So then I offered a guy in my league Terrance Williams and Zac Stacy for LeSean McCoy. We are both 1-4 this season, so I basically sold the trade as trying to move some deck chairs around to see what happens. He denied the trade, saying he thinks McCoy would rebound, which is fine, that's why I wanted McCoy, but he gives me s*** for offering Zac Stacy who is listed as "Questionable" this weekend. Saying I'm a dick for trying to trade him "an injured player". I said fine, whatever.

So then today he texts me and asks me to expedite a trade for him because he was receiving a player that would play tonight. The trade was set to process on the 14th, but he wanted it done now. The guy HE OFFERED in the trade? Vincent Jackson. His status for Sunday? "Questionable". What a hypocritical cock. I called him out on that, but of course he never responded. Because I'm not trying to be unfair and hold a grudge, I decided to expedite his trade after I got the other owner to agree on it.

The player he acquired in time for the game tonight?

TY Hilton. All 223 yards and 28 pts from him tonight.

I hope the rest of his team blows dick this week for that move.

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Oct 10, 2014 -> 06:54 AM)
Looking to add a deep sleeper at RB with big FUTURE upside. Who do I add? CJ anderson, storm johnson, or Crowell?

I picked up Storm in my pay league. Probably more for his name than the cluster that is the JAX RBs

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Oct 10, 2014 -> 12:19 AM)
I will disagree. Keenan has been bad this year. He's had 4 good to great matchups in 5 games , yet only 1 game over 55 yards. On top of that, Gates and Royal will get most of the red zone targets in that system.

I am starting Marshall, and Steve Smith with Benjamin over Keenan as my flex this week.

Eddie Royal is not a red zone threat. It's an aberration. He does this to everyone every couple of years in the early part of the season.

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Oct 10, 2014 -> 07:54 AM)
Looking to add a deep sleeper at RB with big FUTURE upside. Who do I add? CJ anderson, storm johnson, or Crowell?

Crowell or Anderson, I'd lean Crowell due to Tate's injury history. Storm Johnson is not a good RB and has one of the worst O-lines in the league to run behind

I went with crow. I'm super thin at RB right now after Demarco so hoping he steps up in a few weeks if Tate gets hurt again. I drafted a bunch of lower tier RB to try to fill RB2 hoping that one would emerge as a legit weekly play and they all have been mediocre at best (Vereen, TRich, CJ2K yuck)