2014 Fantasy Football Thread

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Aug 24, 2014 -> 07:28 PM)
So Cobb made it to the 4th? Yikes. You smoked those fools.

Yep, I couldn't believe Ball and Cobb were both still there. I had the 12th pick, couldn't remember if I stated that or not.

And funny enough, I also took RGIII in the 11th round.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Aug 24, 2014 -> 11:15 PM)
Very odd league if you were able to get Forte and Dez in a 14 teamer. Who the hell did everyone draft between Forte and Dez? That's just stupid.

Combined with Gronk, should be pretty good.

The top 3 qb's going was the big thing. Other than that, mostly rb's.

I dont remember the last time I played fantasy anything (other than in bed ;)). My cousin invited me to play in a 10 team PPR league.

My Roster-

QB

Matthew Stafford

Robert Griffin III

WR

Alshon Jeffery

Victor Cruz

Pierre Garcon

Michael Crabtree

RB

Jamaal Charles

Le'Veon Bell

Stevan Ridley

TE

Antonio Gates

Dennis Pitta

Defense

Kansas City

Houston

Defensive Player

Karlos Dansby

Lavonte David

Kicker

Robbie Gould

Dan Carpenter

My 10 team ppr league

QB Aaron Rodgers

RB Eddy lacy

RB Chris Johnson

WR Dez Bryant

WR Andre Johnson

WR Reggie Wayne

TE Vernon Davis

FLEX Emmanuel Sanders

DEF Chiefs

K Blair Walsh

Bench

QB Tony Romo

RB Ryan Matthews

RB Joique Bell

RB Darren McFadden

WR Marquise Lee

TE Jason Witten

DEF Bengals

Im going to look to see if I can join a random 16 team league. That looks like it would be a real test to see how good of a fantasy player you are. I wont do a 10 team league again, everyone has good players and waiver wire is full of useful players.

QUOTE (TRU @ Aug 25, 2014 -> 11:55 AM)
Im going to look to see if I can join a random 16 team league. That looks like it would be a real test to see how good of a fantasy player you are. I wont do a 10 team league again, everyone has good players and waiver wire is full of useful players.

10 is the most I will ever do and I prefer 12 teams.

What I dislike are rosters where you play like 9 guys and the total roster size is 16. You almost exactly fill out 2 teams with the guys on your roster, and it sucks because you have guys who end up rostering like 7 WRs and they are all like top 60 guys and they end up with guys getting 15 points sitting on their bench while other people run out someone like Jerrico Cotchery because they don't have any other choice.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 25, 2014 -> 12:06 PM)
10 is the most I will ever do and I prefer 12 teams.

What I dislike are rosters where you play like 9 guys and the total roster size is 16. You almost exactly fill out 2 teams with the guys on your roster, and it sucks because you have guys who end up rostering like 7 WRs and they are all like top 60 guys and they end up with guys getting 15 points sitting on their bench while other people run out someone like Jerrico Cotchery because they don't have any other choice.

Yeah all my 12 team drafts only have 4-5 bench spots to avoid that. Its weird doing a 14 round draft but it prevents what you just described

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 25, 2014 -> 12:46 PM)
I hope that you have a backup QB.

Cam broke a rib and will be struggling with it for awhile.

And Welker is one hit away from being done. But having Marshawn gives you cool points in my book.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 25, 2014 -> 06:42 AM)
Qb- Cam

RB- Marshawn Lynch

RB- Leveon Bell

WR- Vincent Jackson

WR- Wes Welker

TE- jason Witten

Flex- Alfred Morris

K- Mason Crosby

D- Cincy

Bench: jones drew, Riley cooper, blount, shonn greene, chris ivory

10 team standard

Not a fan. Although I don't play standard leagues, if your RBs hold up and Leveon Bell doesn't miss major time with a looming suspension it could be pretty nice. Wes Welker got his third concussion in what, 10 months? Who knows what you would get from that guy going forward, hes undraftable to me now. Jackson is too inconsistent. And as said already, Newton is banged up and has very little offensive weapons. Although, I guess you could say thats always been true about him.

And I cant stress this enough, but people please go for upside with your bench. What does Shonn Greene, Legerrette Blount, and Chris Ivory offer you? They have no upside, where as guys like Carlos Hyde and Devonta Freeman are one broken down RB in front of them from becoming impact workload guys. Justin Hunter is going way late in drafts, he has 30 career catches in the preseason and regular season, 8 of them have gone for TDs. Hes a guy who could explode this year, Riley Cooper doesnt have the upside that a Justin Hunter has. Just my two cents.

QUOTE (TRU @ Aug 25, 2014 -> 12:56 PM)
Not a fan. Although I don't play standard leagues, if your RBs hold up and Leveon Bell doesn't miss major time with a looming suspension it could be pretty nice. Wes Welker got his third concussion in what, 10 months? Who knows what you would get from that guy going forward, hes undraftable to me now. Jackson is too inconsistent. And as said already, Newton is banged up and has very little offensive weapons. Although, I guess you could say thats always been true about him.

And I cant stress this enough, but people please go for upside with your bench. What does Shonn Greene, Legerrette Blount, and Chris Ivory offer you? They have no upside, where as guys like Carlos Hyde and Devonta Freeman are one broken down RB in front of them from becoming impact workload guys. Justin Hunter is going way late in drafts, he has 30 career catches in the preseason and regular season, 8 of them have gone for TDs. Hes a guy who could explode this year, Riley Cooper doesnt have the upside that a Justin Hunter has. Just my two cents.

Yeah I took some risks with Newton and Welker. Newton should be ready for week 1. I got him as the 7th QB so I'm more than happy with that. He'll have top 4 value if he's healthy. He so far has been. Welker I think will be just a monster with Decker gone if he does stay healthy. We'll see. I always look to go 3 straight rbs to open the draft in standard, as long as im not reaching. It's such a different beast than ppr. RB thins out way too quickly so i was happy with Lynch, Bell and Morris.

Greene is terrible. I took him because he's the lead back in Tennessee and should get plenty of touches. Chris Ivory is actually good, but Johnson is handicapping him. Either way I'm more than happy to grab Ivory a few rounds later than Johnson. Carlos Hyde I like but he went earlier than I expected. Devonta Freeman is a hot name which is funny since as it stands now he's a 4th string rb and will be at best be in a committee only if the number 1 rb goes down. No thanks. Justin Hunter is fine but no way should you draft someone based on td to catch ratio. It should be the opposite, a cause for concern. Riley Cooper I love love love this year. WR is thin for a beastly Philadelphia offense. Him and Maclin are going to get a ton of looks with no one behind them. Especially true for Cooper if/when Maclin goes down. I like Terrance West a lot. Tate will get hurt. West has the size to be a workhorse and Cleveland should be running it a lot given their situation.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 25, 2014 -> 01:34 PM)
Yeah I took some risks with Newton and Welker. Newton should be ready for week 1. I got him as the 7th QB so I'm more than happy with that. He'll have top 4 value if he's healthy. He so far has been. Welker I think will be just a monster with Decker gone if he does stay healthy. We'll see. I always look to go 3 straight rbs to open the draft in standard, as long as im not reaching. It's such a different beast than ppr. RB thins out way too quickly so i was happy with Lynch, Bell and Morris.

Greene is terrible. I took him because he's the lead back in Tennessee and should get plenty of touches. Chris Ivory is actually good, but Johnson is handicapping him. Either way I'm more than happy to grab Ivory a few rounds later than Johnson. Carlos Hyde I like but he went earlier than I expected. Devonta Freeman is a hot name which is funny since as it stands now he's a 4th string rb and will be at best be in a committee only if the number 1 rb goes down. No thanks. Justin Hunter is fine but no way should you draft someone based on td to catch ratio. It should be the opposite, a cause for concern. Riley Cooper I love love love this year. WR is thin for a beastly Philadelphia offense. Him and Maclin are going to get a ton of looks with no one behind them. Especially true for Cooper if/when Maclin goes down. I like Terrance West a lot. Tate will get hurt. West has the size to be a workhorse and Cleveland should be running it a lot given their situation.

I agree you need to go RB heavy in standard drafts, and I also agree that Newton will most likely be fine. However, I think Welker is the least appealing fantasy WR option on that team out of the big three and the concussion problem is a major concern.

Freeman will work his way up that depth chart quickly, and the inevitable Steven Jackson injury is going to make Freeman one of the biggest waiver wire/late round scores of this year. He is killing it this preseason, and depth position in the preseason isn't the end all be all. Jaquizz and Smith had their chances before and couldn't cash in, Freeman will be the guy to get.

You aren't drafting Hunter based off a TD catch ratio, you draft him based off of his potential. He is a big play threat every time he touches the ball, entering his sophomore year he has a real chance to be a difference maker at the WR position, especially for a team that doesn't have any playmakers. A guy like Riley Copper has a low ceiling. In fact, I wouldn't be shocked if Jordan Mathews had a better season and emerged as the top Philly target once its all said and done. Guys like Riley Cooper are just sitting around on the waiver wire. Hes a 60 catch 900 yard 8 TD guy at his best. The guys who usually win fantasy leagues are the guys who are ahead of the curve on the breakout players.

Agree on Terrence West.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Aug 25, 2014 -> 11:23 AM)
My 10 team ppr league

QB Aaron Rodgers

RB Eddy lacy

RB Chris Johnson

WR Dez Bryant

WR Andre Johnson

WR Reggie Wayne

TE Vernon Davis

FLEX Emmanuel Sanders

DEF Chiefs

K Blair Walsh

Bench

QB Tony Romo

RB Ryan Matthews

RB Joique Bell

RB Darren McFadden

WR Marquise Lee

TE Jason Witten

DEF Bengals

Its hard to rate 10 team PPR leagues, everyone should have a solid team. I don't know what to really say about your team other than drop Marquise Lee for a better upside WR.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Aug 25, 2014 -> 12:23 PM)
My 10 team ppr league

QB Aaron Rodgers

RB Eddy lacy

RB Chris Johnson

WR Dez Bryant

WR Andre Johnson

WR Reggie Wayne

TE Vernon Davis

FLEX Emmanuel Sanders

DEF Chiefs

K Blair Walsh

Bench

QB Tony Romo

RB Ryan Matthews

RB Joique Bell

RB Darren McFadden

WR Marquise Lee

TE Jason Witten

DEF Bengals

Don't like this very much. Andre Johnson is a shaky WR2 and CJ1K is a very questionable RB2. You have zero depth at WR and the Chiefs defense is not going to be as good this year since their schedule is really, really difficult. I'm also not a big fan of QB/RB combos since more often than not they cannibalize each other.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 25, 2014 -> 02:50 PM)
Don't like this very much. Andre Johnson is a shaky WR2 and CJ1K is a very questionable RB2. You have zero depth at WR and the Chiefs defense is not going to be as good this year since their schedule is really, really difficult. I'm also not a big fan of QB/RB combos since more often than not they cannibalize each other.

Andre Johnson is a pretty solid #2 PPR WR, I would feel comfortable with that. Chris Johnson as a RB2 is also a pretty solid get, he finished 8th in PPR scoring last season and is generally a top 10-15 guy which is borderline RB1 territory. Definitely agree on the Chiefs, but don't agree on the Rodgers/Lacy downgrade. I think that's a good pairing for that situation.

QUOTE (TRU @ Aug 25, 2014 -> 04:21 PM)
And this should pretty much go without saying, if Josh Gordon wasnt drafted in your league go pick him up immediately.. Also, draft him if you haven't drafted yet.

I got Gordon late last year and plan on doing so again this year. If the guy put up 1600 yards in 14 games with Weeden, Hoyer, and Campbell, throwing to him, imagine what he does when he has a guy like Manziel chucking bombs to him all the time. If he doesn't get suspended for the full year - hopefully he won't, because he shouldn't - he could easily win some leagues for guys.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 25, 2014 -> 09:33 PM)
I got Gordon late last year and plan on doing so again this year. If the guy put up 1600 yards in 14 games with Weeden, Hoyer, and Campbell, throwing to him, imagine what he does when he has a guy like Manziel chucking bombs to him all the time. If he doesn't get suspended for the full year - hopefully he won't, because he shouldn't - he could easily win some leagues for guys.

Same, he singlehandedly got me into the playoffs it felt like.

I picked him up for a buck in my auction league this year.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 25, 2014 -> 04:33 PM)

My gut feeling is this has taken way too long for him to be suspended for the season. I would guess 8 games, which means he is eligible to return for week 10. Quite the boost for the run to the fantasy playoffs. Ive been able to land him in all leagues but 1 so far.