Angels Acquire Gordon Beckham

chetkincaid

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took a pitch low and away for called strike three against Lester, leaving runners on first and second in his first at bat

Wearing #18.

Announcers said maybe he can relax and play with the pressure is off.

Pressure has been off since 2011.

Just made a nice a play on a line drive at third base. Hawk soiled his shorts in NYC.

The frustrating thing about Beckham is that he looks like a guy with actual tools -- unlike Chris Getz or Brent Morel or some of the other infield prospects who have moved through the Sox system.

But he never learned how to control the strike zone and refused to lay off the high fastball.

Maybe it will click for him now.

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Aug 24, 2014 -> 09:17 AM)
Go to MLB.com and listen to the video from beckham. I kinda feel he knocks the sox a bit. Well Gordon were excited your gone....

I kind of thought the same. And hector said something too about the pressure being able to be off him now and that he doesn't have to be the guy anymore and carry the team. Since when has this been on Beckham to do that? Maybe after his rookie season but c'mon, were in 2014 now lol long gone

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Aug 24, 2014 -> 09:17 AM)
Go to MLB.com and listen to the video from beckham. I kinda feel he knocks the sox a bit. Well Gordon were excited your gone....

I don't really agree but I am glad he is gone. He talks about HIS baggage with chicago. Takes responsibility for it.

Edited by MAX

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Aug 24, 2014 -> 11:44 PM)
In part your right, but I think he could have worded it a Lil different. Next one gone Viciedo

I didn't watch it, but top 10 draft picks in the first round of the big league draft naturally tend to be cocky when talking about their own careers, especially when they are on the line. Think about it ... Beckham has had his butt kissed, figuratively speaking, since he was a high school freshman probably.

It's got to be a bitter pill to finally get released and deemed a failure (with at least one team).

Addendum: I just now read the article and listened to to the interview. Geez, he felt pressure in Chicago? There wasn't much pressure, give me a break.

Our fans never booed him or anything. He was popular considering how lousy a hitter he was. He didn't seem like a prick in the interview, but cmon Gordon, praise your former teammates and organization a bit please, considering you are one of the reasons the lineup has been horrific the last few seasons.

Edited by greg775

One day I was sitting in the scouts seating section at the cell, taking pictures three hours before game time during the Sox BP... Literally no one else was in the park yet... I snapped a shot of Beckam looking right at me. You could see one thing in his eyes... And only one thing.

It was pouring out of him...

Fear.