Angels Acquire Gordon Beckham

chetkincaid

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Aug 24, 2014 -> 09:17 AM)
Go to MLB.com and listen to the video from beckham. I kinda feel he knocks the sox a bit. Well Gordon were excited your gone....

He comes across kind of like a young George W. Bush in that vid. This is the opposite of a compliment.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Aug 24, 2014 -> 04:44 PM)
In part your right, but I think he could have worded it a Lil different. Next one gone Viciedo

After his disastrous and lazy play in LF yesterday (behind our best pitcher, no less), I don't see how Hahn can justify throwing him back out there next season. f*** potential. Guy's a loser.

I don't wish anything bad for Gordy since he has fulfilled the only wish I had which was to go away. At least now he will continue to suck under the sunny California sun, til the Halos release him.

Are the Schaumburg Boomers looking for an infielder?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 26, 2014 -> 10:28 AM)
The great joy people take seeing a person they don't even know struggling is actually pretty sad.

Yeah, it's unfortunate seeing people say that. I always liked Beckham and wanted him to succeed, but it just wasn't meant to be for the Sox.

Another guy that comes to mind when thinking about this is Uribe too. He had turned into a pretty terrible hitter by the end of his Sox career and he's gone on to have a really nice career.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 26, 2014 -> 09:30 AM)
Yeah, it's unfortunate seeing people say that. I always liked Beckham and wanted him to succeed, but it just wasn't meant to be for the Sox.

Another guy that comes to mind when thinking about this is Uribe too. He had turned into a pretty terrible hitter by the end of his Sox career and he's gone on to have a really nice career.

Steroids? He sure got bigger.

Gordons career will go the same way as the guy he pretty much replaced in Anaheim, John McDonald.

I know people will point out that fangraphs says Beckham isn't a great fielder, but comparing the 2 he's not much worse than McDonald has been the past few years. McDonald has played in the bigs 16 years and is a career .233/.273/.322 hitter.

QUOTE (sammy esposito @ Aug 26, 2014 -> 02:27 PM)
I watched him in his first spring training he was outstanding. I wonder how he slipped to expendable from the guaranteed starter.

Same experience here - he was exciting to see live then :(

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 26, 2014 -> 10:28 AM)
The great joy people take seeing a person they don't even know struggling is actually pretty sad.

And it's not even like he was a bad teammate, or bad with the media, or with the fans. He was very likeable. I am not sure why anyone would wish him to suck in LA, other than not wanting to regret letting him leave.

I hope Gordon does great in LA.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Aug 26, 2014 -> 04:44 PM)
I think I was at Beckham's first major league hit? I write on the back of all my game tickets if something memorable happens, so I'll have to check that.

That's a really cool tradition :) Will have to adopt it when I start taking my son to games. Thumbs up man.