Angels Acquire Gordon Beckham

chetkincaid

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Aug 21, 2014 -> 07:58 PM)
Those people are just sad, I'm sorry, its embarrassing. I know every fan base has those fans but ugh.

Go figure they are all clean cut white guys they are pining for...if only the Sox could field a 100 win team on the cut of the jib.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Aug 21, 2014 -> 06:58 PM)
Those people are just sad, I'm sorry, its embarrassing. I know every fan base has those fans but ugh.

From Facebook: Lorraine Thompson-Winenger WHAT???? That's right....trade one of your BEST players!! #DumbMove

Edited by Señor Ding-Dong

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Aug 21, 2014 -> 06:15 PM)
Not surprised one bit its Sanchez getting the call. Johnson is shutdown, Semien has struggled at Charlotte ( has hit better July/Aug) and Saladino is done for the year so who else would it be?

Here are the Charlotte stats for your reference:

Semien: .809 OPS, 123 wRC+

Sanchez: .761 OPS, 110 wRC+

Johnson: .684 OPS, 87 wRC+

Obviously these guys do other things than simply hit, but Semien has been by far the best with the bat. If he's struggling, then I'm not sure how to describe the other two guys' performance. And in all seriousness, he was never really struggling either, he was just getting really unlucky. His BABIP is finally getting back to normal, but he's still a good 25 to 35 points off his career mark. For comparison purposes, it's currently 68 points worse than Sanchez's.

I still don't know why a decent amount of posters sleep on Semien. He's shown significantly more power and a much better ability to draw walks than Sanchez ever has. I get the age difference, but that only goes so far when we're talking about a polished hitter who doesn't project to add much power. I think some people may be overvaluing Sanchez's hit tool and defense at 2B. Obviously great tools to have, but I don't think they outweigh what Marcus brings to the table.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Aug 21, 2014 -> 06:42 PM)
What? Micah is an exciting young player who hit .294 in AAA while playing through hamstring issues. Let him heal this offseason and get ready to battle for 2B

Actually I agree but to decree Johnson as the starting 2B for 2015 is the equivalent of pre-mature ejaculation. As long Alexei is at SS, Johnson has very stiff competetition from Sanchez and Semien for starting at 2B in 2015.

I would not rule out the idea of Johnson being shifted to the outfield either.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Aug 21, 2014 -> 08:14 PM)
Actually I agree but to decree Johnson as the starting 2B for 2015 is the equivalent of pre-mature ejaculation. As long Alexei is at SS, Johnson has very stiff competetition from Sanchez and Semien for starting at 2B in 2015.

Like a day ago the Sox said they see Micah as a long term 2b.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Aug 21, 2014 -> 07:14 PM)

I think they already said Johnson will stay at 2B. I imagine he will be starting by August 1st, 2015 if he doesn't completely tank or get injured next year which is possible

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 21, 2014 -> 07:11 PM)
Here are the Charlotte stats for your reference:

Semien: .809 OPS, 123 wRC+

Sanchez: .761 OPS, 110 wRC+

Johnson: .684 OPS, 87 wRC+

Obviously these guys do other things than simply hit, but Semien has been by far the best with the bat. If he's struggling, then I'm not sure how to describe the other two guys' performance. And in all seriousness, he was never really struggling either, he was just getting really unlucky. His BABIP is finally getting back to normal, but he's still a good 25 to 35 points off his career mark. For comparison purposes, it's currently 68 points worse than Sanchez's.

I still don't know why a decent amount of posters sleep on Semien. He's shown significantly more power and a much better ability to draw walks than Sanchez ever has. I get the age difference, but that only goes so far when we're talking about a polished hitter who doesn't project to add much power. I think some people may be overvaluing Sanchez's hit tool and defense at 2B. Obviously great tools to have, but I don't think they outweigh what Marcus brings to the table.

Thanks for posting the numbers. I'm stuck between Sanchez and Semien. Semien has a bit more power and draws walks but Sanchez seems to hit for better average , at least this year anyway and seems to be a bit better at base stealing.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Aug 21, 2014 -> 07:17 PM)
I think they already said Johnson will stay at 2B. I imagine he will be starting by August 1st, 2015 if he doesn't completely tank or get injured next year which is possible

I think a lot depends on how Sanchez and Semien handle their call ups. If one or the other plays their way into the position then Johnson is the odd man out and considering his speed the outfield is a possibity. I've been reading stuff on line that hints Johnson could be moved to the outfield because he's just not good at 2nd defensively.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Aug 21, 2014 -> 09:18 PM)
Anyone hear any names in return? I seen Hahn's comments about evaluating but I'd imaging they've been doing that

Teams almost never let those kinds of lists leak because they wouldn't want a prospect who isn't traded to know that their name was on the list.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Aug 21, 2014 -> 07:52 PM)
Next dominoes Danks and Dunn...wishful thinking

It wouldn't surprise me to see Dunn go to the Giants now that it appears Belt may be lost for the rest of the season with a concussion.