8/23 at Yankees

flavum

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Aug 23, 2014 -> 02:27 PM)
Hawk seems to think it was because how many times we have been screwed by the home plate rule. Makes the catchers think way too much

Even so, he was in position and he just let it skip past him. Didn't seem like he was blocking the plate to me

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 23, 2014 -> 02:29 PM)
Didn't seem like he was blocking the plate to me

I agree, but obviously, the New York review guys always think the opposite of whatever actually happened. That being said, had Nieto caught the ball and tagged him out, it would've been reviewed and he would've been ruled safe. It's a lose-lose situation.

Edited by Jose Abreu

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Aug 23, 2014 -> 02:27 PM)
Hawk seems to think it was because how many times we have been screwed by the home plate rule. Makes the catchers think way too much

Ball should of been caught easy no bad hop at all.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 23, 2014 -> 02:31 PM)
Yeah, seems he has lost his concept of the strike zone. It will be interesting to see if they send him to AAA next year or keep him as the back up

I think we will acquire a left handed bat to platoon with Flowers and Nieto will start the year at AAA to get some at bats and work on defense.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Aug 23, 2014 -> 02:31 PM)
Where are all of the posters that came at me for saying Nieto shouldn't have got more time when Flowers was playing horrifically? Awfully quiet nowadays.

Hard to b**** about a player who plays once every 5 games and happens to have a bad game.

QUOTE (chisoxfan310 @ Aug 23, 2014 -> 07:35 PM)
I think we will acquire a left handed bat to platoon with Flowers and Nieto will start the year at AAA to get some at bats and work on defense.

No problem with Flowers as the platoon guy with a solid lefty hitter. I don't think Flowers should be the starter next year.

Betances pitches an awful lot. Considering the Yankees aren't contending, you would think Girardi would dial it back a bit on one of his best relievers

Yea I know they could make the wildcard, but this team isn't winning anything

QUOTE (raBBit @ Aug 23, 2014 -> 02:44 PM)
Not b****ing about Nieto. I am pitching about the people who wanted him to start three games a week. They saw his 265ish average and pleaded that he should play 2-3 times a week. Conveniently ignoring his unsustainable BABIP, receiving issues, the 30%+ strikeout rate and the fact that he's not even a MLB player at this point.

I would still like him to play more especially towards the end of the year. Never know how he would do play more consistently