8/26 vs Indians

flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 26, 2014 -> 08:46 PM)
Praying for Eaton to play 150+ next year.

Thats why I don't think they move De Aza, he is a capable player and a great insurance policy for both Eaton and Avi

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 26, 2014 -> 08:50 PM)
Why is he insurance for Eaton when they don't like him playing CF?

Hes made 12 starts in CF this year and the white sox still want a capable lead off man if Eaton goes down. I don't mind De Aza on this team again next year as a little more than a 4th outfielder.

QUOTE (beautox @ Aug 26, 2014 -> 08:55 PM)
Hes made 12 starts in CF this year and the white sox still want a capable lead off man if Eaton goes down. I don't mind De Aza on this team again next year as a little more than a 4th outfielder.

We can pay someone a lot less to put up similar or better production as a 4th OF. I'd take Jordan Danks. He has shown flashes offensively, and his defense is lightyears ahead of De Aza.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 26, 2014 -> 08:59 PM)
We can pay someone a lot less to put up similar or better production as a 4th OF. I'd take Jordan Danks. He has shown flashes offensively, and his defense is lightyears ahead of De Aza.

Money isn't the issue here there is a dearth of talent on the FA market like never before, even for alleged 4th outfielder types. De Aza's situation with the sox appears just like Conor's heading into the offseason last year fans think that 1WAR floor players are just readily available, and they're not, as hard as it might be to imagine De Aza has real value and the sox aren't just going to piss that away for nothing. De Aza is set to make 5-5.5M next year in his last year of ARB and should finish this season with 1WAR the going rate for that right now on the market is between 6-7M. I have a hard time believing that De Aza isn't capable of eclipsing his production from this year in his FA season after how horribly he started this season and was able to recover and become respectable. Jordan is a 5th outfielder on a bad team.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 26, 2014 -> 09:05 PM)
I'd love to see them lessen Q's work load the rest of the way.

Off days, and 6-man with Rodon should accomplish that.

8-31 vs Det

9-8 vs Oak

9-14 vs Min

9-21 at TB

9-27 vs KC (and maybe Rienzo if KC isn't playing for anything)