8/26 vs Indians

flavum

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 26, 2014 -> 10:57 PM)
I know it's just hyperbole, but didn't Hawk and Stoney both at some point this season say, "These guys will NEVER quit."

Also that the Sox were in it for the long haul this season. A contender?

Doesn't matter, as I like them both, but contenders? You'd think they were the Royals' announcers lying like that.

For a month or 2 they always seemed to be in late games and didn't quite. That has gone by the wayside.

The Offense has certainly stumbled lately but man, that pen has to be a buzzkill for this whole team. Even when the offense and starting pitching seemingly do their job it's never enough...That's gotta be deflating.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 26, 2014 -> 11:03 PM)
Wonder how long before we start drawing under 10,000 in September?

12,000 and change tonight.

8.000 at best when Football starts.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 26, 2014 -> 10:59 PM)
Robin should quit after this season and give another former player a shot at it. He deserves a break from this bullpen madness. Make him third base coach for a season if he wants to be in a big league uniform, still.

Hopefully whoever is here next year, Robin or not, doesn't have to deal with "bullpen madness".

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Aug 26, 2014 -> 11:00 PM)
Because of this loss, the Sox have moved from 10th pick to #8 pick.

1 GB of Twins for 7th pick. If the Rangers come back and win tonight, we will be 7 GB of the #1 pick.

Matuella

Aiken

Bickford

Bregman

Kirby

in that order for me

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Aug 27, 2014 -> 05:09 AM)
Can you imagine what we will draw on a Monday night when the Bears play? Like 5000.

They should just let everybody in for free. Seriously. Would it anger the season ticket holders that much? There's no downside to letting fans in for free in September. They still wouldn't draw, but those families who did go would still spend a ton on concessions.

QUOTE (beautox @ Aug 26, 2014 -> 11:11 PM)
Matuella

Aiken

Bickford

Bregman

Kirby

in that order for me

I haven't even begun to do my research on guys yet. I find it largely useless until the season starts next year. Names will change so much. The only consensus top pick so far seems to be Daz Cameron, and he's not even as consensus as Rodon was at this time last year.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 26, 2014 -> 11:15 PM)
They should just let everybody in for free. Seriously. Would it anger the season ticket holders that much? There's no downside to letting fans in for free in September. They still wouldn't draw, but those families who did go would still spend a ton on concessions.

Uh...really?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 26, 2014 -> 10:59 PM)
Robin should quit after this season and give another former player a shot at it. He deserves a break from this bullpen madness. Make him third base coach for a season if he wants to be in a big league uniform, still.

Ugh, I'm tired of former players. Few have success. There's probably enough of them ruining the minor league system as well.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Aug 27, 2014 -> 05:04 PM)
Ugh, I'm tired of former players. Few have success. There's probably enough of them ruining the minor league system as well.

They are most likely all FORMER players with major league or minor league playing time. I don't think Robin is going anywhere. We need a better bullpen and a couple starters and not a new manager.