Indians vs Sox

Kyyle23

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 28, 2014 -> 08:12 PM)
Abreu's hit tool is so much better than expected

I was actually a little surprised he wasn't hitting a little better average and OBP wise, when he was at .260/.305ish, given his Cuban stats as compared to Puig and Cespedes. That's come around now.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 28, 2014 -> 08:56 PM)
So if there is 30 teams and he is about 90th, that is a pretty solid #3 or 4 starter, which is what they need him to be. You should try to watch a game and just enjoy it instead of having to go reference Fangraphs to see if they can explain to you what you watched.

:lolhitting

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Aug 28, 2014 -> 06:18 PM)
I was actually a little surprised he wasn't hitting a little better average and OBP wise, when he was at .260/.305ish, given his Cuban stats as compared to Puig and Cespedes. That's come around now.

Do you think he's doing it at the expense at home runs/slugging %?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 28, 2014 -> 07:35 PM)
Do you think he's doing it at the expense at home runs/slugging %?

Not necessarily. He had a sky-high home run per flyball rate which was always likely to come down a little, even though with the type of hitter he is it should remain high compared to the average. From what I can see, the big difference with him compared to the start of the season is he's a little more willing to take pitches outside the zone, even though he still swings at a hell of a lot of them. This is causing pitchers to pitch in the zone a little more, and he's lethal in the zone.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Aug 28, 2014 -> 08:47 PM)
Yes. It's stuttering like every 2-3 seconds. Turning this off after Abreu's AB. Giving me a headache.

Do you guys have the same cable company or something? I am watching on MLB.tv and it's fine.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 28, 2014 -> 09:23 PM)

Oh so they are doing pitch counts now? I heard they (from Cooper) don't do that but it must be in the early season when its anywhere from the 40-60s that those arms are exposed to higher pitch counts.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Aug 29, 2014 -> 02:28 AM)
Oh so they are doing pitch counts now? I heard they (from Cooper) don't do that but it must be in the early season when its anywhere from the 40-60s that those arms are exposed to higher pitch counts.

There's absolutely no reason at this point in the season, given their record, to push the starters.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 29, 2014 -> 12:56 AM)
So if there is 30 teams and he is about 90th, that is a pretty solid #3 or 4 starter, which is what they need him to be. You should try to watch a game and just enjoy it instead of having to go reference Fangraphs to see if they can explain to you what you watched.

I still like Danks. He makes a lot of cash, big deal. So do a lot of guys.

QUOTE (1dog @ Aug 29, 2014 -> 02:06 AM)
Dunn has a video game swing or something. He missed that ball by a foot.

I still dislike Dunn. So shoot me. Can't help it.