Tigers @ Sox...Now

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kapzk @ Aug 29, 2014 -> 10:24 PM)
Felix Hernandez getting rocked tonight, 4 Hr and 5er given up so far in 4 innings ... anyone think there's a possibility Sale can take the Cy Young away from Felix?

Sure. If Felix gives up 4 homers about 3 more times.

QUOTE (peavy44 @ Aug 29, 2014 -> 08:02 PM)
I dont want 90 losses.

It's the same argument we saw this past season.... Half of Soxtalk wanted them to tank and the others claimed to be "real fans", wanting to win as much as possible regardless of circumstance. I was a major proponent of the latter option, championing the "Trade People, Suck More" campaign.

It netted us a consensious top 10 prospect in all of baseball and arguably the best current starting pitcher in all of the minors. Not to mention we had very strong picks in subsequent rounds that have the potential to be very strong key players locked into leauge minimum contracts for years to come.

Yet again this year, I want us to suck as much as possible leading up to the postseason. Get into the highest possible draft position and call it a year.

What good is it to rack up 10 extra meaningless wins?

Meh. This is the last time I lay this logic out -- it's already tired from last years debate.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Aug 29, 2014 -> 10:49 PM)
This game was not a serious effort. The team just clowned it up. Reason number xxxxx that they need a real manager.

If certain guys can't play hard with their jobs on the line for next year, it isn't the manager that is the problem.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 29, 2014 -> 10:54 PM)
If certain guys can't play hard with their jobs on the line for next year, it isn't the manager that is the problem.

Yes it is.

And yes he is (one of them, anyway).

Players have quit on him - he bears some responsibility for that. And this isn't the first time.

With his record, he'd have been out on his ears a year ago and scorned like Bevington were he not Robin Ventura, a "hero".

Edited by GreenSox

Boy this team stinks.

With our small fan base, wow. Next year's season ticket sales should be so low it'll be unbelieveable. The demise of this team in such a short period of time is really really scary sad.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Aug 29, 2014 -> 11:56 PM)
Yes it is.

Players have quit on him - he bears some responsibility for that. And this isn't the first time.

With his record, he'd have been out on his ears a year ago and scorned like Bevington were he not Robin Ventura, a "hero".

White Sox still have a btter record than the Red Sox. Boston won the World Series last year in Farrell's first year. This year many of their veterans and rookies are underperforming. I would say if Ventura is to blame for our veterans not performing, he must also be the reason Abreu and Sale are having great seasons.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Aug 29, 2014 -> 10:56 PM)
Yes it is.

If players have quit with jobs for 2015 on the line, they are about the stupidest people on the planet. Who quits with millions of dollars on the line?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 30, 2014 -> 02:19 PM)
If players have quit with jobs for 2015 on the line, they are about the stupidest people on the planet. Who quits with millions of dollars on the line?

^^^^ I agree

Every player I have heard or read in an interview says they haven't quit. I don't think a professional ball player just lies down and dies cause they aren't in first place

Edited by elrockinMT