8/30 Doubleheader vs Tigers

flavum

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ron883 @ Aug 30, 2014 -> 05:00 PM)
bassitt is garbage

Yawn.

Let us take a moment to recall the following line from the 1996 feature film "The Rock"...

Personally, I think you're a f***ing idiot.

Nothing directed at you, Ron... Rather, just asking us all to remember that wonderful one liner from such an amazing movie.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Aug 31, 2014 -> 01:34 AM)
What would make you deduce that? Wilkins being lifted from the game for his call-up? While I find it weird that he got singled out from the AAA game, I don't think we can be lucky enough to think Dunn has been traded.

I think it's very likely. Who else would be getting dealt that would result in Wilkins getting called up?

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 30, 2014 -> 07:35 PM)
I think it's very likely. Who else would be getting dealt that would result in Wilkins getting called up?

Why does someone have to be getting traded? Maybe they are just giving Wilkins these last couple days off before the rosters expand on Sept. 1st as a reward for a tremendous season? I mean, I hope there is a trade, but twitter is dead right now on the rumor front.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Aug 30, 2014 -> 08:42 PM)
Why does someone have to be getting traded? Maybe they are just giving Wilkins these last couple days off before the rosters expand on Sept. 1st as a reward for a tremendous season? I mean, I hope there is a trade, but twitter is dead right now on the rumor front.

They can send Surkamp and Bassitt back down and Surkamp won't even have to leave since he'll get called back up Monday.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Aug 30, 2014 -> 07:30 PM)
Uh...did Avi just PUNCH a chunk out of his bat??

Ha, had to watch it again. It looked like it, but that's not possible. I think it was one of those rubber rings that they sometimes wear on their fingers.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Aug 30, 2014 -> 07:42 PM)

Charlotte has 3 games left. He was in the lineup tonight, and got scratched. Something is up.

QUOTE (1dog @ Aug 30, 2014 -> 07:43 PM)
Ha, had to watch it again. It looked like it, but that's not possible. I think it was one of those rubber rings that they sometimes wear on their fingers.

Are you sure? He grabs his bat and it looks like he runs his hand over the chunk that is missing out of it. I'm not DVRing the game, so I can't check.

Also the Sox don't have a game on Monday, so there's no point in making call ups official until Tuesday 9/2. With the Dunn/Konerko/Abreu coverage at DH/1B, there's no point in bringing Wilkins up for tomorrow other than something actually happening. Just my humble opinion.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 30, 2014 -> 07:50 PM)
Also the Sox don't have a game on Monday, so there's no point in making call ups official until Tuesday 9/2. With the Dunn/Konerko/Abreu coverage at DH/1B, there's no point in bringing Wilkins up for tomorrow other than something actually happening. Just my humble opinion.

Yeah it really points to something happening. Maybe Dunn is just going to retire.