De Aza Traded to Orioles

flavum

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 02:56 PM)
Shysocks: " I said right now, look at my post, I said right now"

Yeah that about sums it up but I'll play along. Except for the part about the tie game bottom 9 runner on third situation because that changes the type of hitter you need up and I'm talking overall, best hitter.

I'll take the following people:

No brainer category:

Alexei, LaRoche, Eaton, Melky

Alexei - No. In no way. Not even really at any point in his career.

LaRoche - Toast? Hurt? Even his effectiveness against righties is eroding. Nope.

Eaton - Close. Needs to be hitting more grounders because the power is probably a flash in the pan.

Melky - Absolutely, unless this power outage is the new normal for him.

To a lesser extent:

Garcia, Saladino (right now)

The leftovers:

Rest of the team

De Aza would be in the lesser extent category.

I'm glad you put Garcia in the same category as De Aza, because he basically does all the dumb s*** people hated De Aza for.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shysocks @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 03:59 PM)
Yeah that about sums it up but I'll play along. Except for the part about the tie game bottom 9 runner on third situation because that changes the type of hitter you need up and I'm talking overall, best hitter.

Alexei - No. In no way. Not even really at any point in his career.

LaRoche - Toast? Hurt? Even his effectiveness against righties is eroding. Nope.

Eaton - Close. Needs to be hitting more grounders because the power is probably a flash in the pan.

Melky - Absolutely, unless this power outage is the new normal for him.

I'm glad you put Garcia in the same category as De Aza, because he basically does all the dumb s*** people hated De Aza for.

a) How does it change your answer being bottom 9, tie game, runner on 3rd? There are two outs. The infield isn't in. The outfield isn't playing shallow. Are you talking clutch statistics then? No for Alexei? I should stop here because now I know your IQ. Not very high. If you are talking right now? Alexei in July? he's batting close to .300. You talking the last 7 days? De Aza is batting .182... You talking career? 9th inning for Alexei is .262. De Aza .235 You talking tie game? Again Alexei .276, De Aza .257 ... do I need to say more? To I need to compare more career stats? You just want to use this year? This month? I'm sure you'll find an arugment to why you are right.

b)LaRoche - if you want to use the "right now" argument -- go ahead. He looks like Adam Dunn lately. I won't even fight this one. I'm taking the guy who has produced over the past decade. Not the guy who's been released 2 times in 6 years.

c)You didn't fight Eaton very much, we both know you'd rather have Eaton up there.

d)You agreed with me on Melky. So much for the 90% comment that you stood by a few posts ago.

I dont have any more time to waste on this argument. Look who you are arguing for! A guy who was traded for a bag of balls and released in the last 12 months! This is my last on this topic and responding to you - however I'm sure you'll respond and try to bait another response - it's what you do.

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 04:24 PM)
I dont have any more time to waste on this argument. Look who you are arguing for! A guy who was traded for a bag of balls and released in the last 12 months! This is my last on this topic and responding to you - however I'm sure you'll respond and try to bait another response - it's what you do.

Are you always this angry?

im Red Forman. I dont like dumbasses. Ha. Or people who bring up a thread a year later supporting de Aza like he was something more than a 4 of.

Glad to see alexei hit a homer today. And melky. And eaton. All while de Aza goes 0-3. And soto 0-3.

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 04:24 PM)
a) How does it change your answer being bottom 9, tie game, runner on 3rd? There are two outs. The infield isn't in. The outfield isn't playing shallow. Are you talking clutch statistics then? No for Alexei? I should stop here because now I know your IQ. Not very high. If you are talking right now? Alexei in July? he's batting close to .300. You talking the last 7 days? De Aza is batting .182... You talking career? 9th inning for Alexei is .262. De Aza .235 You talking tie game? Again Alexei .276, De Aza .257 ... do I need to say more? To I need to compare more career stats? You just want to use this year? This month? I'm sure you'll find an arugment to why you are right.

b)LaRoche - if you want to use the "right now" argument -- go ahead. He looks like Adam Dunn lately. I won't even fight this one. I'm taking the guy who has produced over the past decade. Not the guy who's been released 2 times in 6 years.

c)You didn't fight Eaton very much, we both know you'd rather have Eaton up there.

d)You agreed with me on Melky. So much for the 90% comment that you stood by a few posts ago.

LOL, I bait responses but you sit here calling me a dumbass with a low IQ. That's adorable.