Do the Sox have any plans to honor Adam Dunn next week?

sin city sox fan

I know its short notice, but Oakland is visiting the Cell for a 4 game series next week. Not sure if Adam's number is worthy of retiring, but it would be nice for the organization to do something for one of the team's greatest home run hitters of recent history. Hope that Brooks Boyer and company are able to put together something which allows the organization and the fans to say thanks to the big guy.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 31, 2014 -> 03:48 PM)
I don't think I'm wrong in reading this thread as sarcastic.

I'm not being sarcastic at all. As I mentioned in the original post, i don't think he did enough to get his number retired so I'm not advocating that action. However, He had was loved by all his team mates and most of the fans during his time in Chicago. He hit some impressive bombs and even gave his best on the mound when the manager asked him to do so. Not doing something to say "thanks for being a great member of the White Sox organization" would truly give a negative reflection on the team.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Aug 31, 2014 -> 02:38 PM)
I'm not being sarcastic at all. As I mentioned in the original post, i don't think he did enough to get his number retired so I'm not advocating that action. However, He had was loved by all his team mates and most of the fans during his time in Chicago. He hit some impressive bombs and even gave his best on the mound when the manager asked him to do so. Not doing something to say "thanks for being a great member of the White Sox organization" would truly give a negative reflection on the team.

Why don't you go to one of the games and bring some flowers and a stuffed donkey with you and throw it on the field. Of course the bomb squad might destroy it making sure it's not a weapon of mass destruction but its the thought that counts.

He must go ignored. They can't do a video montage. It would be an insult to the franchise, even to Dunn. s***, he knows he sucked as a member of the White Sox.

His gift is what they paid him. If he gives 10 million of it back, then Jerry could give him a video montage. Just let him bat and give him a golf clap. The ones who booed him a lot ... they should boo him some more.

He was a terrible hitter. Who cares if he was a nice guy? Beckham was a nice guy too.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 31, 2014 -> 04:00 PM)
The Sox gave me a couple of free tickets and a free patio party to the Sept. 9th game. It will be interesting to see if the foam stops falling out of the people's mouths who b****ed at him every single time he made an out.

I kinda hope he goes yard, just so the foam comes back one more time.