9/5 at Indians

flavum

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Sep 5, 2014 -> 10:31 PM)
I really think he's part of the team next year if he can hit consistently.

Yep, and just like with Flowers, I'll be ok with it as long as the available money goes to a strong starting pitcher and lefty hitting DH or LF

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 5, 2014 -> 04:35 PM)
Yep, and just like with Flowers, I'll be ok with it as long as the available money goes to a strong starting pitcher and lefty hitting DH or LF

If we get a new DH, I'd rather see Viciedo moved. If we sign say Melky, I'd be ok keeping tank and having him get majority of his at bats at dh with also a little in the outfield and first. Also it'd be nice to have him hitting like 6th as opposed to middle of the order.

QUOTE (chisoxfan310 @ Sep 5, 2014 -> 03:46 PM)
If we get a new DH, I'd rather see Viciedo moved. If we sign say Melky, I'd be ok keeping tank and having him get majority of his at bats at dh with also a little in the outfield and first. Also it'd be nice to have him hitting like 6th as opposed to middle of the order.

Not happening...buying high...peds...qualifying offer compensation

In the free agency list there are 6-8 corner ofers more likely as placeholders on short-term deals who won't cost a draft pick

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 5, 2014 -> 05:29 PM)
Not happening...buying high...peds...qualifying offer compensation

In the free agency list there are 6-8 corner ofers more likely as placeholders on short-term deals who won't cost a draft pick

Who are the 6-8 corner outfielders you would rather have? (Please don't say Rasmus....he's basically Dunn without the walks and the durability)

Edited by chisoxfan310

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 6, 2014 -> 01:29 AM)
Why was he brought up over Mitchell? I know Jared isn't great but should've been brought up to see what he is, good or bad.

I thought I read where Taylor was out of options, while Mitchell has one more year in the Sox system left.

QUOTE (chisoxfan310 @ Sep 5, 2014 -> 05:06 PM)
Who are the 6-8 corner outfielders you would rather have? (Please don't say Rasmus....he's basically Dunn without the walks and the durability)

Not better statistically just more likely in terms of reasonable contract terms and mitigated risk due to preserving draft picks...

Edited by caulfield12