Sept 6 game thread vs Cleveland

southsider2k5

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 6, 2014 -> 09:01 PM)
When I see Wilkins and Taylor look absolutely lost at this level, it scares me even more that these guys hit about .100 points higher in AAA than Davidson

This is one of the better games I've seen Wilkins have since he's been up as far as offensively. Hit everything hard. Even his last at bat was a good at bat. Kluber just made a good pitch on him. I agree it is pretty discouraging so far, results wise. I'm just glad Sanchez looks terrific... so far.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 6, 2014 -> 10:06 PM)
This is one of the better games I've seen Wilkins have since he's been up as far as offensively. Hit everything hard. Even his last at bat was a good at bat. Kluber just made a good pitch on him. I agree it is pretty discouraging so far, results wise. I'm just glad Sanchez looks terrific... so far.

Wilkins has been a slow-adapter the first month or two at each level, we should have expected the same from him here, which is why it was actually important to get him up in early August when he should have been.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 6, 2014 -> 08:17 PM)
Wilkins has been a slow-adapter the first month or two at each level, we should have expected the same from him here, which is why it was actually important to get him up in early August when he should have been.

Guess the white sox believe sanburn's more valuable than an extra 20 games of Wilkins in Chicago.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 6, 2014 -> 09:17 PM)

OK. So if you call him up in August and he is a slow adapter for the first 2 months, it will mean he struggles for the rest of the season. What would that prove to anyone? Would you really go into the offseason thinking his struggles are behind him?

It actually took him about 400 AB in AAA to stop being bad. So why didn't you push to have him called up in June?

What a great reason to call someone up earlier, because you expect them to suck for a while.

Edited by Dick Allen