Sept 7 game thread vs Indians

southsider2k5

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 7, 2014 -> 01:43 PM)
What a disgusting series. Sox obviously have quit. Very sad to see this proud organization in such a pathetic state.

I could see that if it was a half century ago.

I couldn't take pride in poor farm system, terrible fundamentals, mental weakness in August.

We are not the Cardinals.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 7, 2014 -> 06:26 PM)
Luckily most fans are far more sophisticated and realize it isn't the manager's fault they are losing thses games.

The idea that the manager bears little to no responsibility for 2 consecutive train-wreck seasons is just daft. Where's the Ventura leadership? Where's our hero, Robin?

Both hiring this guy and keeping him around is more of the absurd sentimentality that's suffocating this organization.

Edited by GreenSox

Again worth noting that since August 7th the Sox have a grand total of 8 games against sub .500 teams. I'd say that has a whole helluva lot more to do with the team tanking than the manager.

And I can really care less that he was a former player. I was 11 years old his last year with the Sox so dudes far from my hero.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Sep 7, 2014 -> 10:25 PM)
The idea that the manager bears little to no responsibility for 2 consecutive train-wreck seasons is just daft. Where's the Ventura leadership? Where's our hero, Robin?

Both hiring this guy and keeping him around is more of the absurd sentimentality that's suffocating this organization.

So is the idea that the players are never at fault.