9/8 vs Oakland A's

flavum

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 8, 2014 -> 09:00 PM)
He still looks like he is in awe of the majors. Like he doesn't think he deserves to be here yet.

I am no Wilkins fan, but I agree. He has had some pitches to hit, but I don't think it is a lack of talent that has him off. Eduardo Perez was tslking the other night , and he said the easiest time to hit as a major leaguer is your first couple of weeks because they don't have scouting reports on you. But I think you can throw that out the window for some who are understandably overwhelmed.

Semien, Sanchez and Wilkins have combined for 1 walk in 94 AB since being recalled.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 9, 2014 -> 02:30 AM)
Wow.. fans really giving it to Viciedo.

Good. They should be doing a lot of booing the rest of this season.

That's the Dunn we know. He should have swung at that. It was hittable.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 9, 2014 -> 02:06 AM)
I am no Wilkins fan, but I agree. He has had some pitches to hit, but I don't think it is a lack of talent that has him off. Eduardo Perez was tslking the other night , and he said the easiest time to hit as a major leaguer is your first couple of weeks because they don't have scouting reports on you. But I think you can throw that out the window for some who are understandably overwhelmed.

Semien, Sanchez and Wilkins have combined for 1 walk in 94 AB since being recalled.

What is with these hitters who will not walk? The Royals are not going to win the division, in large part because they never draw walks and get those free runs. Weird.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 8, 2014 -> 07:47 PM)
Avi has a lot of bad tendencies at the plate. I said this last week, but I wouldn't be upset if they use him as a major piece in a trade.

Glad you're coming around, but it seems like another project they'll be too stubborn to cut their losses on.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 8, 2014 -> 09:47 PM)
Avi has a lot of bad tendencies at the plate. I said this last week, but I wouldn't be upset if they use him as a major piece in a trade.

Avisail sure doesn't look like much for all the hype he is given.

At one time I thought this team could be good next year... wow do I not see that anymore.

Robin is gone also - there is no way with this horrible finish that they can keep him again for next year.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 9, 2014 -> 02:49 AM)
Glad you're coming around, but it seems like another project they'll be too stubborn to cut their losses on.

He obviously has the tools and youth is on his side, but so far he seems like a 5 tool player that isn't close to utilizing any of those tools. At the plate, he's losing his balance on off speed pitches. On fastballs inside, he isn't close to getting his hands in. He did the same last year, and it's why he's a ground out machine to the left side.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 8, 2014 -> 07:52 PM)
He obviously has the tools and youth is on his side, but so far he seems like a 5 tool player that isn't close to utilizing any of those tools. At the plate, he's losing his balance on off speed pitches. On fastballs inside, he isn't close to getting his hands in. He did the same last year, and it's why he's a ground out machine to the left side.

Yeah, he's just a cocktease

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 9, 2014 -> 02:44 AM)
Abreu looks gassed. He's been great, but I don't think anyone would have guessed that Conor would have more homers after the ASB than him

That last at bat was perplexing. He really had no chance against that junk thrown his way. I still love the guy, though.

QUOTE (harkness @ Sep 9, 2014 -> 02:54 AM)
Sox 9-25 since August 1st

I can't help but keep thinking about Hawk saying this could not happen with this year's team. It's a cliche, but a cliched person might say "this team has quit." It definitely has no magic anymore. That 9-25 mark is scary bad.