flavum

9/8 vs Oakland A's

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 9, 2014 -> 04:39 AM)
Avi's played in what, 25 games this year? Don't give up yet.

I don't think anyone is giving up on him. He definitely gets a pass this year. It's imperative that he shows improvement next year though, as he needs to get more out of his ability.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 9, 2014 -> 04:41 AM)
I don't think anyone is giving up on him. He definitely gets a pass this year. It's imperative that he shows improvement next year though, as he needs to get more out of his ability.

Well put.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 9, 2014 -> 03:42 AM)
Guerra on the team next year?

Not sure. Petricka, Putnam and Webb seem likely. You have to think a LHP is brought in.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 9, 2014 -> 04:44 AM)
Not sure. Petricka, Putnam and Webb seem likely. You have to think a LHP is brought in.

This is why I don't get the other thread that has the Sox winning 90 next year. What is suddenly going to make THAT a decent bullpen?

Flowers has gone out and earned the starting spot for next year. I have never been his biggest fan, but it's hard to argue against him when compared to starting catchers around the league.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 8, 2014 -> 10:51 PM)
Flowers has gone out and earned the starting spot for next year. I have never been his biggest fan, but it's hard to argue against him when compared to starting catchers around the league.

Ughhhhhhhh

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 8, 2014 -> 10:46 PM)
This is why I don't get the other thread that has the Sox winning 90 next year. What is suddenly going to make THAT a decent bullpen?

The sox have some things in place that are tough to get most of all a glut of left handed starters. The holes they have can be filled. Flowers is fine not ideal but fine. The rest can be gotten.

@SportsCenter

Tyler Flowers, have a game! He homers in bottom of 9th to tie game vs A's, then hits walk-off HR in 12th. White Sox win, 5-4.

Edited by Jose Abreu