White Sox v. Oakland A's

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 11, 2014 -> 02:19 AM)
Even 2007 had the entertainment of Fields, Owens, Andy Gonzalez and Wasserman.

This is just beyond terrible. Well, at least Bassit's still fighting, there's that.

A lot of the positives are being erased for me until/unless Avisail Garcia really impresses. Of course, excuses about the injury will be provided, with SOME validity, but there's far from even 50/50 certainty right now he's a 5/6 hole power bat or run producer at this point in his career.

At 7-9, okay...it is what it is. But that's not what the acquisition was billed to be.

You also have to remember how great Montas looked in the minors this year.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Sep 11, 2014 -> 02:22 AM)
Bassitt showed the ability to recover from his rough introduction. Might not be ready at the start of next season, but he's got a chance to be a useful piece.

He looked better to me tonight than Erik Johnson did last year.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 08:22 PM)
You also have to remember how great Montas looked in the minors this year.

Montas can either be a rushed closer to another frontline starter.

We'll see how patient they are...and what they really think of Webb.

Would like to see how much they push Olacio as well. The AFL placement is indicative.

It's also possible that Danish's stuff would play better as closer...another version of Keith Foulke with the angles/movement/deception and "average" fastball velocity.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 09:35 PM)
Hawk saying the Sox should try to get Samardzija for next year. Does he know he's not a FA? Trading for him this offseason would be incredibly stupid, unless you know he'll sign an extension.

I rather have james shields instead.

Hound was good tonight. A's are scuffling, but he faced a lineup with 7 switch hitters/lefties, which has been his biggest obstacle to starting. Not saying he has the repertoire to start long-term, but I'd like to see him win a long-relief/spot starter role on next year's team. No reason for him to spend any time in AAA next year, imo - I think he'll be one of our 12 best coming out of ST.

We'll see.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 11, 2014 -> 03:06 AM)
Draft pick be damned, give me RBI 100, 101, and 102.

He isn't even close to hitting breaking pitches of late. For as great of a season as he's had, it's disappointing to see his power completely disappear after the ASB