9/13 Doubleheader vs Twins

flavum

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 14, 2014 -> 04:00 AM)
As one of the biggest Viciedo supporters here, this one feels great. I really do hope he's a 1B/DH/LF platoon or something next year.

I may be mistaken, but I bet u tonight's blast guarantees him a spot on the team next year. As much as I despise Dunn the player, they do (on paper) lose his 20-25 home runs. Losing Tank's 20-25 would be a lot as well, especially if we don't acquire a bit booming bat.

It would be nice to see somebody get through to Tank and have him take the next step. Maybe Abreu has inspired him. I hope so.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't get sucked in by the 21 home runs. Viciedo has a .279 OBP, and that just can't be playing in the lineup every day unless you are a catcher.

The Gillaspie/Viciedo platoon is tempting, but Viciedo doesn't really have big platoon splits, so that doesn't work well either.

I'm not saying he should be non-tendered, but I hope the Sox plans don't include him playing much, if at all.

I'm not going to be blinded by the Viciedo mist. It's nice he's padding his stats when we are out of it but he's got the same violent swing where he gets pull heavy and forgets about right field.

With his approach, he will occasionally get hot and go on a homer streak. He is what he is, IMO.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 14, 2014 -> 08:48 AM)
Please don't get sucked in by the 21 home runs. Viciedo has a .279 OBP, and that just can't be playing in the lineup every day unless you are a catcher.

The Gillaspie/Viciedo platoon is tempting, but Viciedo doesn't really have big platoon splits, so that doesn't work well either.

I'm not saying he should be non-tendered, but I hope the Sox plans don't include him playing much, if at all.

You want to pay him probably >$5 mil as an arbitration guy to "not play him much, if at all"?

Just say he should be non tendered. At least that makes sense.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 14, 2014 -> 01:59 PM)
I'm not going to be blinded by the Viciedo mist. It's nice he's padding his stats when we are out of it but he's got the same violent swing where he gets pull heavy and forgets about right field.

With his approach, he will occasionally get hot and go on a homer streak. He is what he is, IMO.

I hate just what you described about Viciedo. But ... can he improve? 21 homers can turn into 30 in a hurry with his talent if he ever wised up as far as his approach.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 14, 2014 -> 03:00 PM)
I hate just what you described about Viciedo. But ... can he improve? 21 homers can turn into 30 in a hurry with his talent if he ever wised up as far as his approach.

I think he can improve and I don't think it will happen until he plays for a team other than the White Sox.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 14, 2014 -> 08:07 PM)
I think he can improve and I don't think it will happen until he plays for a team other than the White Sox.

Is it the Sox coaching? The motivating? Why does he need the proverbial change of scenery?