greg775

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 9, 2014 -> 11:47 AM)
The dumbest thing about these football playoffs is that the top seed doesn't always gets the home game. Stevenson is #1 and if they win, they will have to play the state semifinal on the road.

I know it's been that way for at least since I was in hs. What's their reasoning behind that?

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 9, 2014 -> 11:49 AM)
I know it's been that way for at least since I was in hs. What's their reasoning behind that?

Here's what they do and I hate it: If a team has not had a home game yet, they get the home game. If both teams have had a home game and one team was on the road the previous week then they host. If both teams hosted a playoff game the previous week, it goes to the higher seed. It's dumb. It's the way it's always been though.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 9, 2014 -> 12:02 PM)
I'd like their reasoning on why the #1 team has to go on the road for a state semifinal.

"Well, because it's not fair that they've had more home games/"

Um, yes it is. THEY'RE #1!!!

I was on two state title teams at Lockport in 2002 and 2003. We were always on the road late in the playoffs. You just deal with it. It is a dumb rule though.

• 2 weeks later...