flavum

9/16 at KC Royals

It's amazing to me Ventura isn't more on the hot seat with all the bad base running and defensive mistakes. Record aside, this is two straight years of horribly played baseball.

Though I was very complimentary toward Bassitt after his last performance, I also said at the time that it's too early to pencil him into the 2015 rotation or even bullpen. He's got a good future, but he still needs some time in the minors. He hasn't pitched a single inning in AAA.

Edited by Señor Ding-Dong

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 16, 2014 -> 05:03 PM)
Now we can start to see if Bassitt is actually a decent pitcher, or if his last start was a product of a terrible A's offense.

Regardless of his performance tonight, how is three starts enough to determine if anyone is a decent pitcher?

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 03:32 AM)
the royals announcers can f*** off. You're the team that is struggling to beat this awful team, jackasses.

Terrible announcers. They are from the school of praising KC at all times and mocking the opponent. Denny Matthews on the radio is good; the rest of the guys are horrific.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 03:33 AM)
JD Martinez 3-run homer with 2 outs. Tigers got this division.

He's been better than Miguel Cabrera this year. What an unbelievable signing for the Tigers