9/16 at KC Royals

flavum

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy Wilkins is one of the more overmatched prospects the Sox have called up in a long time. As I've said before, it worries me that AAAA players like Wilkins, Danks and Phegley dominated at Charlotte this year, but Davidson couldn't hit at all.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 03:43 AM)
Andy Wilkins is one of the more overmatched prospects the Sox have called up in a long time.

I'm amazed at how many baseball players today like Wilkins have no chance of hitting the ball against a pitcher who throws from the same side they hit. I mean is Wilkins EVER going to be able to hit against a lefty?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 02:45 AM)
I'm amazed at how many baseball players today like Wilkins have no chance of hitting the ball against a pitcher who throws from the same side they hit. I mean is Wilkins EVER going to be able to hit against a lefty?

Gillaspie's splits are much more concerning, IMO

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 03:46 AM)
Gillaspie's splits are much more concerning, IMO

Yeah, he can't start against lefties next year. I wonder whom his platoon partner will be at third. Semien is uncomfortable at third, correct?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 02:47 AM)
OMG. Ned's playing the platoon game in the sixth fricking inning? Finnigan can't even stay in to face Viciedo? Baseball is so f***ing boring with all this platooning. Awful. Why do I stay with this sport? Ridiculous.

It's a great move when you have Herrera/Davis/Holland to rely on at the end of the game.

As a former college player, I was an outfielder (righty), I would of much rathered of faced a righty than a lefty.

I honestly don't get it because with lefties at least for me, they have natural run on their fastball and a curve down and in to me is just deadly.

But when facing a righty, I could read the fastball cutting or coming back in to me, and much easier to pick up a curve or slider and lay off. It just baffles me.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 03:55 AM)
As a former college player, I was an outfielder (righty), I would of much rathered of faced a righty than a lefty.

I honestly don't get it because with lefties at least for me, they have natural run on their fastball and a curve down and in to me is just deadly.

But when facing a righty, I could read the fastball cutting or coming back in to me, and much easier to pick up a curve or slider and lay off. It just baffles me.

Interesting. I remember being able to see the ball so much better against the rare lefty it was like a picnic facing one as a righty hitter. And playing third base, I always had a busy game when we had lefties pitching. It seems like there were way more righty hitters back when I played.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 04:01 AM)
Aoki really has been ridiculous against us....I almost wanna sign him just to make sure we no longer have to face him.

If Sox get him, be ready for Mr. Slappy. He has some multi hit games, but he's a slap hitter.