Ventura unlikely to be fired this off season

southsider2k5

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/jon-he...ew-are-lukewarm

12. Robin Ventura, White Sox. The White Sox understood they were in a rebuilding time when they gave Ventura a three-year extension last winter after an even rougher season. Ventura, who has perhaps the perfect demeanor for the demanding job, seems to be growing along with the improving team, and with his relationship with White Sox owner Jerry Reinsdorf and the front office, he might have what amounts to close a lifetime chance if he desires.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 19, 2014 -> 07:43 PM)
Are you posting on a phone that auto corrected if to after?

um, no. That's a prediction.

I won't be mad if I'm proven wrong, but that's my guess. This team will continue to be undisciplined, uncaring, they'll spend money at some point and the first fact won't change. They'll buffoon themselves into an 82 win season after Hahn blows $40 million a year in the offseason and someone will have to take the blame.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Sep 19, 2014 -> 06:48 PM)
Well of course not.

2 horrendous seasons, but the manager can't possibly have anything to do with it.

He's Robin.

It's been a long time since this organization prioritized winning.

Tampa Bay must be a bunch of fools. Joe Maddon, despite losing 101 games his first year and 96 his second is STILL managing the team.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Sep 19, 2014 -> 06:48 PM)
Well of course not.

2 horrendous seasons, but the manager can't possibly have anything to do with it.

He's Robin.

It's been a long time since this organization prioritized winning.

I literally cannot agree with one bit of that statement. They have won a WS title, they have added payroll and players to contend and even though it hasnt worked out since they still are trying to win. This rebuilding job IMO shows they want to win, and they want to stay a winning club.