southsider2k5

Sept 23 game thread vs Detroit

Marcus, baby, with the game-tying single.

This proves fans don't know s***. They booed Ausmus so he left Price in, and we tie the game. Sox will probably still lose on a walkoff, but NICE RALLY. And nice hit, Marcus. Semien has balls.

Lousy at bat by Carlos. Took the high pitch to center for the pop up. Damn. Sox gave it a good ol fashioned try. One hit from victory Carlos failed. Oh well.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 23, 2014 -> 09:17 PM)
Lousy at bat by Carlos. Took the high pitch to center for the pop up. Damn. Sox gave it a good ol fashioned try. One hit from victory Carlos failed. Oh well.

How do you figure?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 23, 2014 -> 09:17 PM)

Trying to just make contact and flip it out there. I get it.

Kinsler is the kind of guy you want on your team. Same with Torii Hunter. I'd love to have them both.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 23, 2014 -> 07:17 PM)

You say you played baseball on a HS team but I find it doubtful. That was the right pitch , He expected the fastball , got it, hit it decent , wasn't a pop up. Maybe he could've looked in a certain zone too , a bit lower perhaps but still was right thinking by Sanchez.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 24, 2014 -> 02:22 AM)
You say you played baseball on a HS team but I find it doubtful. That was the right pitch , He expected the fastball , got it, hit it decent , wasn't a pop up. Maybe he could've looked in a certain zone too , a bit lower perhaps but still was right thinking by Sanchez.

It was a perfect pitcher's pitch with the cut he took IMO. He got the high fastball and stroked it right to center. I'd have preferred a more slappy type approach.

LOL.

Why Petricka tonight. He was good yesterday; looked like a Little Leaguer today. Close but no cigar, Royals.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 24, 2014 -> 02:19 AM)
I wouldn't have swung at all though.

Bingo. That was not the pitch to offer at. He had no chance with that approach.